-_- Directional lights cannot light GTS terrain except at a very narrow range of angles

neurodr0me

Finally got through the other problems I was having, terrain looks GREAT, go to adjust the directional light aaaand... oh, it's completely fkd.

Here is what terrain looks like with GTS shader.

eggsa1.gif?width=1159&height=539

Here it is with the default terrain shader.

eggsa2.gif?width=1159&height=539

I own almost every single one of your products (and I love them!), and have never had this much difficulty right out of the gate. It's especially frustrating because GTS seems so slick but I just can't understand why such simple things are stopping me up. Please help!

It appears this is also scene specific... if I make a new scene with GTS terrain the problem is not present 😔

Seems like there's a lot of ways for GTS to become bricked within the context of a single scene 😔

Hmm, okay. It wasn't scene specific, it was SESSION specific.

When I went back to the scene in these GIFs the problem is now gone... 😑

Still a bug, obviously, but at least I found a workaround 🤔

Hold on, this is deeper than I thought. I definitely restarted the editor completely when trying to fix this. I think something got bricked about the specific profile I was using, because that was the only thing that changed going back to the old scene--it was a new profile.

Hope that helps you guys figure this one out 🤔🤔

Hi @neurodr0me,

A potential reason for why the shading might be off could be due to a missing World Normal Map in the GTS's material. Selecting the material from the Terrain's Material slot and checking whether it has assigned a world normal map texture may show if this is the issue:

image.png.0b44925248a608780ef961b3ef6906f2.png

The world normal map should be present in the same location as the rest of the GTS User Data for that terrain: image.png.9522ea418a3d44194a5ff9de0c3a2d28.png

If it is missing than hitting Regenerate Data should create it and populate that slot in the material: image.png.49a9ca8751885cd35777ce7de96c61c6.png