After building a dedicated server, terrain loader did not switch back to "Collider Only Loading Active = false"

Asset Glue

Gaia Pro 3.2 / Unity 2021.2.11

So I built a headless server for a game that I am working on. I am unsure if it was when I built the "Server Scene" in the manager or switched to the Dedicated server platform in build settings and pressed switch platform, the setting magically ticked in the Terrain Loader.

The issue is that when I switched build modes back to the desktop platform the button was greyed out and unchangeable. 

Luckily it was easy to figure out that the setting was in the Terrain Scene Storage object, referenced as the first item on the terrain loader manager. Unchecking the toggle in there made it work again

I am not sure if this is something that I caused or something that Gaia does as a helper which is cool, however i am fairly sure what actually happened is one of two scenarios:

1 At one point I created a server only scene in the build setting in the Gaia Manager (Dont use it because this game uses NavMesh and collider logic is cosmetic and happens on clients) and when I switched to dedicated server build then it just ticked the box because it wants to be helpful.
2, It just wanted to help and it had nothing to do with creating the server only scene in the Gaia Build and Deploy settings.

- In both cases I believe that it happened after I switched to a dedicated server platform in build settings. And since I never actually built collider only scenes, it stayed greyed out 😃 even though it did sense that I wanted a server build. 
Note: I do have imposter terrains created and included in the build if that makes a difference. 

To the devs, see if this is reproducible and if so its an easy thing to sneak into a future update.

Thanks again for access to YOLO inference in Unity also!

7 hours ago, Asset Glue said:

Gaia Pro 3.2 / Unity 2021.2.11

So I built a headless server for a game that I am working on. I am unsure if it was when I built the "Server Scene" in the manager or switched to the Dedicated server platform in build settings and pressed switch platform, the setting magically ticked in the Terrain Loader.

The issue is that when I switched build modes back to the desktop platform the button was greyed out and unchangeable. 

Luckily it was easy to figure out that the setting was in the Terrain Scene Storage object, referenced as the first item on the terrain loader manager. Unchecking the toggle in there made it work again

I am not sure if this is something that I caused or something that Gaia does as a helper which is cool, however i am fairly sure what actually happened is one of two scenarios:

1 At one point I created a server only scene in the build setting in the Gaia Manager (Dont use it because this game uses NavMesh and collider logic is cosmetic and happens on clients) and when I switched to dedicated server build then it just ticked the box because it wants to be helpful.
2, It just wanted to help and it had nothing to do with creating the server only scene in the Gaia Build and Deploy settings.

- In both cases I believe that it happened after I switched to a dedicated server platform in build settings. And since I never actually built collider only scenes, it stayed greyed out 😃 even though it did sense that I wanted a server build. 
Note: I do have imposter terrains created and included in the build if that makes a difference. 

To the devs, see if this is reproducible and if so its an easy thing to sneak into a future update.

Thanks again for access to YOLO inference in Unity also!

Thank you for this information. 

• 2 months later...