Stick prefabs on a spline, equal distance apart (and also random distance)

newguy123
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hi Guys

I saw a video a while back, where there was a farm field, and objects was being dropped on the terrain in the farm field on a spline, to form rows of planted stuff. Can't remember where I saw the video.

Anyway.... Can I do that with Gena Pro? Take my tree prefab(s) and drop them on a spline, equal distance apart? And on a different spline, random distance apart?

• Solution

@newguy123 yes, this can be done - Gena Pro has a spline system that allows you to run a spawner along the spline so you can place objects along it. There are options for a throw distance which would allow for randomization in positioning. You can see this in action here around 18:00 where we add rocks to a riverbed:

Note that you can also texture or spawn trees / grass along the spline, and build complete road and river meshes. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...