Terrain grass not showing on run...

RM3D
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Aloha,

using Unity 2021.2.1

Not really sure where to ask this, Im using  gaia pro 2021 and GeNa, with fantasy pack and spawners.... im seeing terrain grass in scene and in the play window, but on pressing play all terrain grass does not spawn, its there if I do a build... so my novice question is. where do I even start looking to correct this? is this a terrain option, a camera option, a gaia runtime option.... etc.. im using built in pipeline, nothing fancy...

Mahalo for any and all responses....

EDIT: Found it The flora terrain Tile script under the Terrain kept defaulting to another camera... once I deactivated those other camera and set it to the MAIN ACTIVE camera its all there...  Hope this helps anyone whos got this problem.....

SOO NOW THAT I FOUND IT:   I see it on runtime "Terrain Detail Overwright"   while not in play. is set to 200 /.3 respectivly, BUT when running is reset to 0/0.... I set the scale of the grass in terrain grass and its there visualy in the scene screen but on Play it reverts to tall again... not sure if the Terrain detail overwright is even working or such.....

• Solution

Hi @RM3D, the Terrain Detail Overwrite component setting everything to 0 is intentional, it will do this as soon as there is a Flora Terrain Tile component on the terrain. It does so because Flora uses the position data of the terrain detail system to draw its vegetation, and deactivates the unity terrain detail system so that not both systems (Flora and Unity) are active at the same time.
You can find more information about Flora in the Canopy Library Article, especially check the section on "Tuning your Flora setup during runtime" if you want to adjust the size, coloration, density of the vegetation items.