Jumping Sky and Failing Flora (in Build)

Sorra the Orc

I have two problems with my games build. One is the PW Sky is "jumping":

JumpingSkySmall.gif.c14f613d620ab31407934ec276a187ff.gif

The other is that Flora grass isn't appearing at all. I noted in the editor it flickers in and out, but in the build I get nothing. 

Hmm the sky issue is odd, at any given time are you pausing time or pasuing the charater controller. The sky follows the player or camera around and maybe the camera position is being updated while it's paused causing it to bounce around. I have never experienced this before but if i am able to reproduce then should be easy enough to fix.

There is no pausing of time. There is no character controller. This is a visual novel. When the player selects an option in the story various things can happen, often one of those things will be the changing of priorities on Cinemachine Virtual Cameras. However, those cameras are static (not marked static, but they don't move). In the gif above that is after a switch of the VCam but it does not move in any way during that scene.

I'm on a tight deadline so I didn't try to isolate the problem, I simply switch to a static sky. However, a possible (untested) repro would be:

1. 512x512 terrain

2. PW Procedural Skies

3. Player Controller: Custom (the pre-existing camera)

4. Add Cinemachine

5. Add two virtual cameras that frame the scene you want'

6. switch between the camera by changing the priority

However, this does not happen on every scene. Only one of them, so the above repro is likely unreliable.

Okay thanks i wonder if it's because the system is tracking the wrong camera after you switch them via Cinemachine. Thanks for the detailed reproduce steps. This is URP or builtin?

This is URP. I don't think it is anything to do with the camera itself. With Cinemachine the VCam tells the camera where to go, it isn't the actual camera. Main Camera doesn't change. Besides it doesn't happen every time. I'm not expecting a resolution here, you don't have a repo. Sharing for info only should it come up again elsewhere (or I turn procedural skies back on)

On 2/12/2022 at 6:24 AM, Sorra the Orc said:

This is URP. I don't think it is anything to do with the camera itself. With Cinemachine the VCam tells the camera where to go, it isn't the actual camera. Main Camera doesn't change. Besides it doesn't happen every time. I'm not expecting a resolution here, you don't have a repo. Sharing for info only should it come up again elsewhere (or I turn procedural skies back on)

Ah, well maybe it's a issues with how i move the sky when the position changes could be linked to this but thanks for sharing. If it ever comes up on our end should be able to figure out the issue.

• Like 1