How many terrains are a good number?

Matmalm

In my Open World map I got many buildings with interiors and details. Now my map is 1500x1500 divided into 36 terrain chunks but I was wondering if it is a good number and if it is not and later on I want to divide it even more, is it a big problem?

(Could be nice a tutorial or guide about this)

Also, how can I sync my trees, details and textures to all of the terrains? Meaning if I add a texture all of the terrains have the same texture and in the same order?

Edited by Matias Gesche

On 2/5/2022 at 11:24 PM, Matias Gesche said:

Also, how can I sync my trees, details and textures to all of the terrains? Meaning if I add a texture all of the terrains have the same texture and in the same order?

Found the tool for this in [Resource Helper], a bit hidden for such an important tool.

But still curious for a good recommendation about the amount of terrain tiles one should use for an Open world game. 

On 2/5/2022 at 4:24 PM, Matias Gesche said:

In my Open World map I got many buildings with interiors and details. Now my map is 1500x1500 divided into 36 terrain chunks but I was wondering if it is a good number and if it is not and later on I want to divide it even more, is it a big problem?

(Could be nice a tutorial or guide about this)

This is kinda up to what you need. 
There is no magical number. 

However, you are going to want to test your world. 
Make a build and see what your task manager is running at. 
How much performance is your world costing you, etc.