Looking for the best way to solve "flying" objects issue

rotem adler
Go to solution Solved by Adam,

Hey guys !

I have these spawned games objects in the scene: Rocks, Tree Logs, etc which happen to appear "on air", maybe since I changed the terrain's topography overtime.

What is the best way in your opinion to solve this?
Is there a way to ONLY clear those specific Rocks & Tree Logs prefabs (and then re-spawn them)?

Or better, Is there a way to "snap" a specific group of instances onto the ground? There are about around 1,500 stone prefabs
I tried re-spawning but it didn't go well since I had to setup the spawners from scratch (for some unknown reason) - and it didn't turn out as nice as the original spawn.

Many thanks in advance !

• Solution

If you have changed terrain heights, then this behavior would be expected.

We actually added a cool tool to sort this sort of stuff out in our PW ToolBox. You basically just select the objects you want, and it will snap them to the ground, rotate them etc.

You can see it under the key bindings panel in the link above.

• Like 1