Re: Reinstallation of Gaia

yoonack
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi,

After reimporting Gaia 3.1.4 package into my unity project, it gave me this warning message, and the install shader red button always shown. What is going on?

Error:

Gaia found one updatable material: fe_village_base with the shader PWS/PW_General_Deferred could be migrated to the correct pipeline.

The target shader with the name Shader Graphs/PW_General_ShaderGraph_URP from the shader mapping entry PWS/PW_General_Forward was not found, this shader will be skipped for the installation.

• Solution
10 hours ago, yoonack said:

Hi,

After reimporting Gaia 3.1.4 package into my unity project, it gave me this warning message, and the install shader red button always shown. What is going on?

Error:

Gaia found one updatable material: fe_village_base with the shader PWS/PW_General_Deferred could be migrated to the correct pipeline.

The target shader with the name Shader Graphs/PW_General_ShaderGraph_URP from the shader mapping entry PWS/PW_General_Forward was not found, this shader will be skipped for the installation.

What version did you upgrade from? 
More than likely you need to remove the render pipeline. Then re import that. 
If Gaia is causing you issues I recommend two options. 

One open the Gaia Manager- and do Gaia maintenance.  
If that doesn't fix the issue than you may need to completely remove Gaia from the project and re import. 
If you have any custom biomes than you need to save them. 

I think I just remove Gaia from my project. Gaia is causing too much problem for my project right now. I keep freezing at Updating Mesh Collider no matter how I do. I reimported multiple times. Still the same. I guess I will have to use Gaia in new project and export terrain after I have done. Is there any option to export both terrain and the spawned road and objects with Gena?

3 hours ago, yoonack said:

I think I just remove Gaia from my project. Gaia is causing too much problem for my project right now. I keep freezing at Updating Mesh Collider no matter how I do. I reimported multiple times. Still the same. I guess I will have to use Gaia in new project and export terrain after I have done. Is there any option to export both terrain and the spawned road and objects with Gena?

If this is happening this is a Unity process that has nothing to do with Gaia. 
The best advice that I can give you is to clear your Unity Cache. 
This usually helps people that have this issue. 

If you are using 2021.2, there have been significant issues with Unity at the moment... and because we generate assets for your game, then you may well be seeing them.

Go and check the release notes for the unity version you are using... there is one in particular that refers to asset import issues. It is a know bug.

More information here:

23 hours ago, yoonack said:

I am using 2020.3.27f1. URP 10.8. I completely remove Gaia and reimport it. Seems to fix the issues right now. 

Thats good to hear!