Remove objects?

Sorra the Orc

There's a remove trees and and remove details Spline extension but I can't seem to find a remove objects one. This means that, for example, rocks are left on the road. Am I missing it or is there some other recommended workflow for removing game objects?

Itd also be useful to have a 'keep grass/tree/object away' decorator so that your spline could keep details away during edit time without you having to recommit a spline (which might dig an extra river or whatever)

Yeah, I thought of doing that, but it didn't work. Fresh trees and objects were spawned in on my road. This was using your own Fantasy Spawner pack (which since I mention it needs a lot of work on colliders, it spawns trees inside buildings all the time, for example). 

Wouldn't detecting objects be as simple as a series of sphere (or maybe box) casts along the length of the spline?

On 2/4/2022 at 6:46 AM, Sorra the Orc said:

Yeah, I thought of doing that, but it didn't work. Fresh trees and objects were spawned in on my road. This was using your own Fantasy Spawner pack (which since I mention it needs a lot of work on colliders, it spawns trees inside buildings all the time, for example). 

Assuming that your layers conform to our standard layer setup then this should not be happening. I wonder if we considered this in our biome configuration. I know we did with the usual Gaia Biomes. Will ask the guys.

21 hours ago, Adam said:

Assuming that your layers conform to our standard layer setup then this should not be happening. I wonder if we considered this in our biome configuration. I know we did with the usual Gaia Biomes. Will ask the guys.

I don't think I've done anything with layers yet. This is a Game Jam project though so I'm not thinking carefully every step of the way. The layer setup is as follows, which looks like standard Gaia config:

image.png.43fedd4ae60a16b73f670178eb37d6dd.png

It's not just trees in roads either. Here's an example of an undesirable behavior (this originally had a camp on top)

image.thumb.png.5f5f837c84d298bb6090a32db2831fc7.png

To get this I:

1. Created a world using Gaia

2. Created the standard Kingdom using the PWS spawner

3. Spawned biomes in Gaia

And here is an example of trees where they shouldn't be (this is inside the castle walls)

image.thumb.png.0618c1d4bb43b80352c8b5672a2ad7ea.png

One more:
image.thumb.png.b5f4e2df5f26f796adf108395c138b03.png

Edited by Sorra the Orc