Impostors - black texture

Virtual Magic Games
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hello !
After days of tests i finally could generate impostors for my terrain, That process took some hours, and at the end i have strange result.
All my base-textures are black (like u can see on screen).
I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. My terrain is "painted" already so black textures seems like something is not working, or i'm doing something wrong

image.png

13 hours ago, Virtual Magic Games said:

Hello !
After days of tests i finally could generate impostors for my terrain, That process took some hours, and at the end i have strange result.
All my base-textures are black (like u can see on screen).
I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. My terrain is "painted" already so black textures seems like something is not working, or i'm doing something wrong

image.png

Seems like something went wrong during the baking process. 
How does the imposters look in the world? 

I just ran a test both in day light and in night time and seems to be as expected. 
image.png

While its a pain to wait you could try the process again. 
All you need to do is click revert export in the Terrain Mesh Exporter with Create imposters selected. 
image.png

Make sure your lights are on in the scene etc. 
Then try the process again. 

If the imposters look ok, in game then I wouldnt worry to much about it. 

unfortunately that was problem with HDRP settings and lightning... i had to move my terrains to another, fresh project, without any modifications in HDRP settings and then everything working... i'm not sure what could cause the problem, but i'm almost 100% sure that was something with Exposure setting

• Solution

@Virtual Magic Games Are you running an older Gaia version by any chance? In the earlier Gaia versions there was still an issue with baking the textures in the SRPs. If that is the case, you could switch to the base map texture export method instead for creating the textures - this method reads the terrain splatmap and determines which color the texture for the mesh should be at that point, it therefore does not rely on the lighting in the scene. You can find this setting when digging deeper in the export settings here:

image.png

We did a fix by replacing some line of codes in camera stuff related to impostor generator.
Anyway thanks for the advice, next time we will check this Base Map Export if needed 🙂