Road Intersection is teared.

yoonack
Go to solution Solved by Isaac,

Hi,

My road intersection created by Gena pro looks weird and teared. How do I fix that? In addition, I saw there is a mip map problem for the road texture that causing artifact in my game. How do I solve that? 

493217228_Tearroadintersection.thumb.jpg.acbc49a3b8cb96653753ebb990764844.jpg

Artifact of the road texture.

artifact.thumb.jpg.d82a30cf2185591aec3bc522b757b33d.jpg

The road texture appears like 3 layers looking from the camera. I think it has something to do with the mipmap.

thanks.

Regard

The intersection UV's have gone through at least 2 iterations trying to get them to look good.  This iteration seems to work better than the previous...that being said...there are plans to look into this again in the future (it is one of my future tasks).  There is no fix for the 1st image that you posted, at this time.

• Solution

As for the second picture, it looks like an anisotropic filtering issue. Check if your current Quality settings have it enabled (either Forced On, or Per Texture if you don't want the effect occurring on everything). image.png.c3d624fa0b0bacfa633e598811b02093.pngIf you choose the 'Per Texture' option, you may have to increase the anisotropic level on the road textures themselves. image.png.27eec12ff0d9c612e80b8c0d0e62891b.png

The road textures can be found in Procedural Worlds -> GeNa -> Resources -> Textures -> Road

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yoonack said:

Yeah, the Aniso level did fix the road weird look problem. As for the intersection, i think there is no fix yet

Yeah unfortunately those are going to be prominent because of how the road dynamically generates the intersection. There's no real way around that unless you manually change the UVs yourself in blender or some other 3D editor.

We're always improving GeNa and all of the features along it so hopefully we can find a solution to this in the future!