Setting Up New Flora details

Kiwiboys
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hey I've been trying to create new Flora details in HDRP but am having a hard time finding information on how to do it, I think the topic for it was empty.

I've managed to enable flora and get it working for the examples easily but when I try setting up my own I get an error each time.

I've attached images of the current setup the mesh I'm trying to select and the error I get each time, I know I'm doing something wrong here but can't work out exactly what It is. I can attach the requested script to the prefab but not the mesh object directly and the mesh box won't accept the prefab. 

The demo floras seem to be based of textures but there looks to be a mesh option but please correct me If im wrong. 

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Current Setup.png

Error I get when apply.png

Mesh Am trying to select.png

• Solution

Hi @Kiwiboys, did you see the Flora article in the Library? It contains more background information about the basic mode of operation for Flora etc.: 
https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/library/tools/gaia-pro-2021/written-articles/advanced/flora-detail-system-r12/

However in this case I'm afraid you encountered a bug in Flora, there is an issue when you try to set up a Flora item based on a mesh initially. You would need to "pretend" to set up a Flora item based on a detail texture first, then when the initial Flora configurations have been set up, you could proceed to set your mesh up in those configurations. The process is described more in detail in this thread / comment:
https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/forums/topic/129-how-to-use-flora-on-urp12/?do=findComment&comment=1249