Need some help on streaming with gaia and sectr

yangjianing
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

I want all tiles of terrain created by gaia to be set with sector and connected by portal, and I don't know how to do it automatically, just like what terrain window does.

So I may have more control with all sectr loaders, but scetr can't use a prefab with LOD on proxy.  And imposters created by gaia has no color.

What I need is that player can get to the other terrains, but would use streaming and a proxy (imposter) as a distant view

How to increase the resolution of exported texture of mesh terrain, they are blurry. Are they for distant fake terrain, instead of the terrain under feet? When using streaming, what is the proper size of tile when using streaming.

Can there be a automatic way to create a high precision terrain and bake the splatmap or texture for a low precision terrian?

• Solution
18 hours ago, yangjianing said:

I want all tiles of terrain created by gaia to be set with sector and connected by portal, and I don't know how to do it automatically, just like what terrain window does.

So I may have more control with all sectr loaders, but scetr can't use a prefab with LOD on proxy.  And imposters created by gaia has no color.

What I need is that player can get to the other terrains, but would use streaming and a proxy (imposter) as a distant view

How to increase the resolution of exported texture of mesh terrain, they are blurry. Are they for distant fake terrain, instead of the terrain under feet? When using streaming, what is the proper size of tile when using streaming.

Can there be a automatic way to create a high precision terrain and bake the splatmap or texture for a low precision terrian?

So in order for Sectr to take control for its streaming you would need to chunk the terrain and turn it into Sectr chunks. 

What I typically do using Gaia Pro streaming and Sectr depends on the world / game I am making. 

Gaia Pro streaming I would use for the world. 
Then use culling on top of that. 

Sectr I would use for things like open world dungeons, complex buildings on the terrain etc. 

Note that you can have the terrain loader from Gaia streaming and the sectr loaders on the player at the same time. 
So you can use both I have tested this and used this in a game I did some time ago. 

Gaia streaming would allow you to adjust the loader range for your imposter terrains as well as your normal terrains. 

A cheeky hack you could do is make the imposter terrains meshes and unload the meshes the closer you get to them and then load the real terrains in. The imposter might be the best option for less popping effect. 

Hopefully this help!