Importing micro Gaia Terrain into Primary Scene: Integration Issues

dynamicres
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

So I created a whole level/world, in Scene1, I then created a smaller terrain with spawners and a limited runtime just to get audio zone and butterflies/birds/pollen/stones in Scene2, I then dragged this as a prefab and imported to my main scene.  In the editor, I see the audio, and the grass meshes, however I re-created a runtime to test, and play, I neither hear this specific audio (cranked the volume to 1), or see the grass meshes when my third person character is up there. This may be a multipart issue lol but if I exported wrongly, or if there is a better way, I would LOVE to hear it.

Audio Listener is on the Main Camera properly, ThirdPersonControler works fine and I hear Scene1's audio correctly.

Thank you!

FloatingIslandTerrainImport1.png

FloatingIslandTerrainImportRuntime1.png

Extra Troubleshooting:

For audio, I found all terrain mood and zone sounds, noticed nothing was set to global, and all had volume 0, Play on Awake was set to the proper zone of first spawn.
I think my primary sound is wind, so I turned that off for troubleshooting.

For New Terrain Ambient, the Global Mood - Background Music object I have set to:
Volume = 1 (I later noticed this auto updates on distance.)
And added a custom Volume Rolloff:

image.thumb.png.e91911810e29dcdbfdba8f0bdc71ce2e.png

However, the Custom Rolloff settings never save, even after File > Save & also a File > Save Project
In fact, even trying saving a Preset for this Audio Source, it still resets after every play. 
Loaded Preset > Save > Save Project, still no go.

deleted Main Camera, re-Created Gaia Runtime, FIRST as FPS to change it up, then BACK to Third Person.

image.png.af384715d2445b04fcd67f4163bb5e02.png

I Believe my 3rd person character may be faulty, Sound starts working pretty well in FPS mode. Not too sure how to reload 3rd person defaults, as I have attempted multiple times to swap runtime settings.

Followup once 3rd person is reset:
How do you set sound to play when Character enters the distance, not Main Camera?

I have since unpacked the prefab of the Scene2 terrain/extras and re-dragged in items like the Background Music, the music itself is working, but still never saves the Volume Rolloff Custom Graph. 

The Terrain settings properly show FPS Camera for the Flora Terrain Tile Script, but still only show in Editor, never through all testing so far have I seen them in game.

Settings for Flora:

image.png.d1a1d12e8689989fd60fa4f5f01d7292.png

I did however get birds, butterflies and pollen re-drug in.

TLDR: How to reset 3rd person character? How to see imported terrains' Flora in game not just editor?

Thanks!

Edited by dynamicres

• Solution
On 1/24/2022 at 12:42 AM, dynamicres said:

Extra Troubleshooting:

For audio, I found all terrain mood and zone sounds, noticed nothing was set to global, and all had volume 0, Play on Awake was set to the proper zone of first spawn.
I think my primary sound is wind, so I turned that off for troubleshooting.

For New Terrain Ambient, the Global Mood - Background Music object I have set to:
Volume = 1 (I later noticed this auto updates on distance.)
And added a custom Volume Rolloff:

image.thumb.png.e91911810e29dcdbfdba8f0bdc71ce2e.png

However, the Custom Rolloff settings never save, even after File > Save & also a File > Save Project
In fact, even trying saving a Preset for this Audio Source, it still resets after every play. 
Loaded Preset > Save > Save Project, still no go.

deleted Main Camera, re-Created Gaia Runtime, FIRST as FPS to change it up, then BACK to Third Person.

image.png.af384715d2445b04fcd67f4163bb5e02.png

I Believe my 3rd person character may be faulty, Sound starts working pretty well in FPS mode. Not too sure how to reload 3rd person defaults, as I have attempted multiple times to swap runtime settings.

Followup once 3rd person is reset:
How do you set sound to play when Character enters the distance, not Main Camera?

I have since unpacked the prefab of the Scene2 terrain/extras and re-dragged in items like the Background Music, the music itself is working, but still never saves the Volume Rolloff Custom Graph. 

The Terrain settings properly show FPS Camera for the Flora Terrain Tile Script, but still only show in Editor, never through all testing so far have I seen them in game.

Settings for Flora:

image.png.d1a1d12e8689989fd60fa4f5f01d7292.png

I did however get birds, butterflies and pollen re-drug in.

TLDR: How to reset 3rd person character? How to see imported terrains' Flora in game not just editor?

Thanks!

To set the audio to play on the character you will want to go to the Gaia Audio under the Gaia Runtime in the Hierarchy. 
Next in the Gaia Audio Manager make sure that you assign the player: 
image.png
This will trigger the audio to be played when the character enters the radius. 
This does not effect Global Audio Sources. 

Please note that you do not want to change the Audio Source itself. 
The Gaia Audio Zone script is going to affect this. This is why you are experiencing the "resetting". 

As far as the Flora is concerned: a few things to check here: 
1. Make sure that when you click on the terrain in the Flora Terrain Tile component: The source camera is the correct one
 image.png

2. You have selected details for your Flora Renders. You will want to make sure these settings are correct in the Terrain Paint Details: 

image.png

Note the first one is always 0 not 1. So by this logic the Grass_Patch is 0. The next Grass_Patch would be 1, and so on. 

If these are no longer terrain details on the terrain, than you have the option to splat. This would be your terrain Textures. 
The same concept would apply for the Source data index. 0 is the first texture. 

If these are not working you can always save your renders / turn them into prefabs. 
Then remove Flora and add Flora back. 

The best way to do this is through the Flora Manager. 
You can go to window - procedural worlds - flora.
Remove From Scene and then Add Flora to Scene. 

image.png

Remember through detail you would need to spawn your grass details in and then Flora takes over in runtime. 
Splat you can spawn your details to make sure it looks good and then remove flora. During Runtime it will spawn even without the old details there. 

Hopefully this helps! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

To set the audio to play on the character you will want to go to the Gaia Audio under the Gaia Runtime in the Hierarchy. 
Next in the Gaia Audio Manager make sure that you assign the player: 
image.png
This will trigger the audio to be played when the character enters the radius. 
This does not effect Global Audio Sources. 

Please note that you do not want to change the Audio Source itself. 
The Gaia Audio Zone script is going to affect this. This is why you are experiencing the "resetting". 

As far as the Flora is concerned: a few things to check here: 
1. Make sure that when you click on the terrain in the Flora Terrain Tile component: The source camera is the correct one
 image.png

2. You have selected details for your Flora Renders. You will want to make sure these settings are correct in the Terrain Paint Details: 

image.png

Note the first one is always 0 not 1. So by this logic the Grass_Patch is 0. The next Grass_Patch would be 1, and so on. 

If these are no longer terrain details on the terrain, than you have the option to splat. This would be your terrain Textures. 
The same concept would apply for the Source data index. 0 is the first texture. 

If these are not working you can always save your renders / turn them into prefabs. 
Then remove Flora and add Flora back. 

The best way to do this is through the Flora Manager. 
You can go to window - procedural worlds - flora.
Remove From Scene and then Add Flora to Scene. 

image.png

Remember through detail you would need to spawn your grass details in and then Flora takes over in runtime. 
Splat you can spawn your details to make sure it looks good and then remove flora. During Runtime it will spawn even without the old details there. 

Hopefully this helps! 

I have set the Gaia Audio to ThirdPersonController, however, the audio only activates on player zone entry, other than that it follows the  camera exclusively and accurately once player has crossed that threshold.  WOO ok this was fixed by moving the Audio Listener from Main Camera to the ThirdPersonController as well!! :classic_biggrin: 

Turns out was prefab overrides were causing more than a few issues, I learned prefab's a bit during all this! lol (Various Unpack Options)  I'm a mess with these haha. 

I also had not ran a runtime on the source scene of my prefab, this may have been the main reason Flora wasn't working. Re-imported as a new prefab terrain only, (since I already did all the work of re-dragging and config'ing the butterfly/pollen/birds) WE HAVE FLORA! :classic_love:

Interestingly, Checking into your suggestion about the Flora Tile being set to proper camera, the new prefab I drug in didn't have this script attached, but still renders! I will keep this in mind incase build issues occur but as to not break anything else I might leave this for a bit? haha.

Other than that, onward to the next laundry list of issues now! 

Thank you for the very quick service. I appreciate you!

• Like 1