Performance problem when loading large number of gameobjects with terrain.

Wuyan

Hello everyone, 

Because my game needs all trees can be harvested. So I spawned trees as GameObjects. But every time ,large number of tree GameObjects loaded with the terrain, the FPS decreased significantly. I now reduce the terrain tiles to 256 square. And improved. Does anyone have experience with this? Is there any other better solution?  Thanks!

Are you using the flora system? I am very sure that even if the trees are instanced on GPU that there is a way to harvest them without being game objects until you need them to be. The game object approach works for limited numbers of objects. 

Edited by Asset Glue

15 hours ago, Asset Glue said:

Are you using the flora system? I am very sure that even if the trees are instanced on GPU that there is a way to harvest them without being game objects until you need them to be. The game object approach works for limited numbers of objects. 

I'm not using the flora.   Do you mean to remove the tree from "terraindata. Treeinstances"?    This method seems unable to assign different attributes for different trees, such as health. Does it?  Thank you.