Stop Flora coming back?

Sorra the Orc

How can I stop Flora turning itself on every time I spawn any details. It isn't working for me (no rendering in play mode, Built-In) and I have no interest in debugging it at this time. Every time I spawn, which is regularly since I'm developing biomes, it turns back on and I have to remove it again.

How can I turn it off permanently? If I can't please add this feature.

7 hours ago, Sorra the Orc said:

How can I stop Flora turning itself on every time I spawn any details. It isn't working for me (no rendering in play mode, Built-In) and I have no interest in debugging it at this time. Every time I spawn, which is regularly since I'm developing biomes, it turns back on and I have to remove it again.

You can go to Window - Procedural Worlds - Flora 
Then in the Flora Manager you will need to click Remove From Scene. 

image.png

5 hours ago, Broudy said:

Can you remove flora, that is not import it? 

Some of the shader code that it uses is shared with the regular shaders of Gaia for trees and gameobjects etc. If you do not use any of Gaias assets then it should be possible to import without the Flora folder.

9 hours ago, Sorra the Orc said:

Bryan has outlined above how to remove it from the scene, however it would come back then if you spawn a grass spawner that is set up to use Flora. To get rid off that, open the resource settings in any spawn rule of a grass spawner and click this "Disable All" button in the Flora settings:

image.png 
This will disable all the Flora settings across the spawner, which will not make it come back anymore when spawning. For anyone reading along, we updated the documentation on Flora in the Library recently:

https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/library/tools/gaia-pro-2021/written-articles/advanced/flora-detail-system-r12/

Hmmm..... I have to go through all of the resources in all of the spawners and remove them individually. Then when I want to debug why it's not working I have to go through and turn them all back on again? That seems suboptimal. 

I would say a master checkbox on the Flora manager would be best, but then you will get support requests saying "I have it enabled in my spawners but it doesn't activate" - how do you cope with us users 😉

Edited by Sorra the Orc