Errors after update to 3.1.4 (130 errors)

Ugur Tuna

Hi, I updated my gaia pro to 3.1.4-c5 and I get theese errors (I get first one 130 repetition) and the detail distance and detail density settings goes back to zero after hitting play so I can't see any terrain detail at the play time until I change back to their values from the editor then when I stop and rehit the play button, it becomes 0 again.

Errors.thumb.png.2027c29ce20e4f082201e5b0b35a4a16.png

1) (I get it after I click play in unity) IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreCommonFloraData.HKDMFHMJIOK (System.Single[,]& CHMDNNBFDOL, System.Single JOCABKEPFFE, System.Single FKJJLDOPLCP, System.Int32 ONNHOEDODPG, System.Int32 LKKMFONJCKN) (at <3e0533f2b7124d3dbe1dd4752c6b6f0c>:0)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreCommonFloraData.BilinearSample (System.Single[,]& data, System.Single fractionX, System.Single fractionY, System.Int32 integerX, System.Int32 integerY) (at <3e0533f2b7124d3dbe1dd4752c6b6f0c>:0)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreCameraCellsObjectData.BuildCameraCells (ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreCameraCellData& cellData, ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreFloraTerrainData& pwTerrainData) (at <3e0533f2b7124d3dbe1dd4752c6b6f0c>:0)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreDetailObjectData.JKECAKFMLIL () (at <3e0533f2b7124d3dbe1dd4752c6b6f0c>:0)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreDetailObjectData.IHNHHBCMMFM (ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreCameraCellData& PMFCLKNBNPF) (at <3e0533f2b7124d3dbe1dd4752c6b6f0c>:0)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreDetailObjectData.InitPool () (at <3e0533f2b7124d3dbe1dd4752c6b6f0c>:0)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.DetailObject.Init () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Flora/Scripts/Runtime/DetailObject.cs:98)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.DetailObject+<InitWait>d__11.MoveNext () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Flora/Scripts/Runtime/DetailObject.cs:105)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <82c503977c5347cf82f44677f633fcf6>:0)

2) (I get that when I generate the world) Graphics.CopyTexture called with negative region size (width on cpu 64, on gpu 64 ; height on cpu -125, on gpu 1) .
UnityEngine.TerrainData:CopyActiveRenderTextureToTexture (string,int,UnityEngine.RectInt,UnityEngine.Vector2Int,bool)
Gaia.GaiaMultiTerrainOperation:SetSplatmap (UnityEngine.RenderTexture,Gaia.Spawner,Gaia.SpawnRule,bool) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/MultiTerrainSystem/GaiaMultiTerrainOperation.cs:642)
Gaia.Spawner:ExecuteSpawn (Gaia.GaiaMultiTerrainOperation,Gaia.BakedMaskCache,int,int&,bool) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/SpawningSystem/Spawner.cs:2727)
Gaia.Spawner/<AreaSpawn>d__217:MoveNext () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/SpawningSystem/Spawner.cs:2339)
Gaia.Spawner:EditorUpdate () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/SpawningSystem/Spawner.cs:1009)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

Thank you.

Edited by Ugur Tuna

• Ugur Tuna changed the title to Errors after update to 3.1.4 (130 errors)
On 1/21/2022 at 1:08 AM, Ugur Tuna said:

Hi, I updated my gaia pro to 3.1.4-c5 and I get theese errors (I get first one 130 repetition) and the detail distance and detail density settings goes back to zero after hitting play so I can't see any terrain detail at the play time until I change back to their values from the editor then when I stop and rehit the play button, it becomes 0 again.

Errors.thumb.png.2027c29ce20e4f082201e5b0b35a4a16.png

1) (I get it after I click play in unity) IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreCommonFloraData.HKDMFHMJIOK (System.Single[,]& CHMDNNBFDOL, System.Single JOCABKEPFFE, System.Single FKJJLDOPLCP, System.Int32 ONNHOEDODPG, System.Int32 LKKMFONJCKN) (at <3e0533f2b7124d3dbe1dd4752c6b6f0c>:0)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreCommonFloraData.BilinearSample (System.Single[,]& data, System.Single fractionX, System.Single fractionY, System.Int32 integerX, System.Int32 integerY) (at <3e0533f2b7124d3dbe1dd4752c6b6f0c>:0)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreCameraCellsObjectData.BuildCameraCells (ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreCameraCellData& cellData, ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreFloraTerrainData& pwTerrainData) (at <3e0533f2b7124d3dbe1dd4752c6b6f0c>:0)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreDetailObjectData.JKECAKFMLIL () (at <3e0533f2b7124d3dbe1dd4752c6b6f0c>:0)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreDetailObjectData.IHNHHBCMMFM (ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreCameraCellData& PMFCLKNBNPF) (at <3e0533f2b7124d3dbe1dd4752c6b6f0c>:0)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.CoreDetailObjectData.InitPool () (at <3e0533f2b7124d3dbe1dd4752c6b6f0c>:0)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.DetailObject.Init () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Flora/Scripts/Runtime/DetailObject.cs:98)
ProceduralWorlds.Flora.DetailObject+<InitWait>d__11.MoveNext () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Flora/Scripts/Runtime/DetailObject.cs:105)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <82c503977c5347cf82f44677f633fcf6>:0)

2) (I get that when I generate the world) Graphics.CopyTexture called with negative region size (width on cpu 64, on gpu 64 ; height on cpu -125, on gpu 1) .
UnityEngine.TerrainData:CopyActiveRenderTextureToTexture (string,int,UnityEngine.RectInt,UnityEngine.Vector2Int,bool)
Gaia.GaiaMultiTerrainOperation:SetSplatmap (UnityEngine.RenderTexture,Gaia.Spawner,Gaia.SpawnRule,bool) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/MultiTerrainSystem/GaiaMultiTerrainOperation.cs:642)
Gaia.Spawner:ExecuteSpawn (Gaia.GaiaMultiTerrainOperation,Gaia.BakedMaskCache,int,int&,bool) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/SpawningSystem/Spawner.cs:2727)
Gaia.Spawner/<AreaSpawn>d__217:MoveNext () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/SpawningSystem/Spawner.cs:2339)
Gaia.Spawner:EditorUpdate () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/SpawningSystem/Spawner.cs:1009)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

Thank you.

Can you please tell me what Unity version you are using? 

@Bryan Old version was: 3.1.3-C5 New is: 3.1.4-C5  I don't know is there any other method but I updated from unity package manager, than imported, set up shaders, deleted all gaia things from hierarchy, generated world, created runtime.

Edited by Ugur Tuna

21 hours ago, Ugur Tuna said:

@Bryan Is there any progress about solving the issue?

@Ugur Tuna  Try this. No guarantees as I think your issues are based off of some textures you have in your texture spawner...., but might help if not cure your first issue.  You may want to clear all the terrain details first, but can try below without clearing first.

1. Go to your Terrain Loader Manager and select "+ Terrains" and then select "Unload All Terrains"
  2. Not sure if you are using a stock spawner or not, but... go into your biome spawner and delete the grass spawner from the biome.  If you are not using a default grass spawner and/or have changed the grasses in any way, select your grass spawner first, then go to bottom and select the "+Advanced" foldout at the bottom and then select "+Save to file".  to save your modified grass spawner.
  3. Go to your Session Data.
  4. Go to your Flora Data folder
  5. Select all flora objects in this folder and delete them.
  6. If you are using one of the stock grass spawners, go to "Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Gaia Pro\Assets\Biomes".  Drill into the biome you are using and select the grass spawner.  Then on your inspector click "add to scene".  Note you can do this via the Gaia Manager too rather than navigating to the folders.... via Gaia Tools and add spawner
  7. If you are using a custom spawner where you saved it in step 2, navigate to where you saved that spawner and select in the project view, then select "add to scene" in the inspector.
  8. Doing step 6 or 7 will re-generate all the grass flora data - (easy method as there are a few other ways)
  9. With your grass spawner re-added to the scene, select it and then click on the "spawn world" button at the very bottom.
  10. If you do not have flora enabled for all your grasses, you will only see the grasses configured for flora unless you manually re-active the terrain detail override which is zeroed out at start by the flora manager.
  11. Errors hopefully should go away, but no guarantee.  I think the flora system has some major bugs when you try to do stuff outside of what PW has set up for their built-in biomes and spawners.  At least this has been the case for me and it's super sensitive as you have to do a lot of things in a specific order otherwise it gets all messed up (partly due to some over-rated session data getting re-saved and all which shouldn't impact things but I've see this happen on my end?!?).

I agree with Mike, re setup of Flora may be what is needed here. 
Seems to me that a simple delete Flora and then re add it should do the trick as thats what the errors are referring to. 

Didnt need to delete the Flora folder is you did that in the previous updates from3.1.0 to 3.1.1 you needed to do this before importing the new updated version. You could try for a simple test to delete the Flora Folder (save backups of your custom flora renders if you have any). Then reimporting Flora. 

Go through the normal process of using / installing flora and it should be good. 

@Bryan @Mike P First of all thank you for your response. I Just deleted all procedural worlds folder, imported gaia, re-generated all things still getting the error. I didn't make any changes to the spawners this time. I don't get 130 copy of the error, but still getting 4 copy.

Edited by Ugur Tuna

1 hour ago, Ugur Tuna said:

@Bryan @Mike P First of all thank you for your response. I Just deleted all procedural worlds folder, imported gaia, re-generated all things still getting the error. I didn't make any changes to the spawners this time. I don't get 130 copy of the error, but still getting 4 copy.

Can you please send a screenshot through? 

@Bryan My biome stucked and started to give null reference error (I just added new masks to terrain textures) and I deleted it, and now it dissappeared. As you can see I generated new world to get the biome but biome spawner doesn't  exist anymore. It was really great before the update but after the update, I just spent like 30 hours to fix errors and I don't know what to do now. Just gaia gives me different errors all the time.image.thumb.png.2c8ddbdaff0eadc4efd000b3a1a83226.png

Edited by Ugur Tuna

41 minutes ago, Ugur Tuna said:

@Bryan My biome stucked and started to give null reference error (I just added new masks to terrain textures) and I deleted it, and now it dissappeared. As you can see I generated new world to get the biome but biome spawner doesn't  exist anymore. It was really great before the update but after the update, I just spent like 30 hours to fix errors and I don't know what to do now. Just gaia gives me different errors all the time.image.thumb.png.2c8ddbdaff0eadc4efd000b3a1a83226.png

Those warning can be ignored they are not errors. 
You could check the texture spawner and make sure that everything is in the correct place. 
Honestly, I would close Unity and clear your Unity cache as well. 

You may even want to make a separate project with only Gaia installed and make sure that everything is running correctly. 

If it is, than I would look at your current project and see what is different. 
If you are using other assets you can slowly add them in one by one and see if any of the assets could be interfering with Gaia (this does happen sometimes). 

If one does start causing an issue you know who to rule out. If you are getting no issues than you have a bad install of Gaia in the project.