SECTR good for mobile?

MeHigh
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hello,

I was wondering, can sectr be used for optimizing a mobile game, especially SECTR Vis, also i f the others are good too? 😄

Thank you!

Hi,

Very much so. From my personal experience, it is specially amazing for interiors.

SECTR is not only great for optimization though. You can use sectors to power other systems. By creating sectors and portals you automatically partition the world for Sectr Audio to utilize and spatialize (I prefer SECTR Audio to any other audio systems I ever tried in Unity, since it offers great flexibility and features but is not difficult to set up well, which is nice when you don't have a dedicated audio guy).

VIS is like a hyper optimized version of your usual occlusion culling that tends to be very, very expensive on the CPU (until we get GPU driven rendering).

We also use SECTR provided data to essentially make our AI smarter, make noise detectors for stealth mechanics etc.

The most important thing though - like everything from PW, it is well documented, has solid examples, high quality KISS code and great support.

NOTICE: I'm in no way connected to PW. This is all coming from my personal experience.

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 10:21 PM, Goor said:

Hi,

Very much so. From my personal experience, it is specially amazing for interiors.

SECTR is not only great for optimization though. You can use sectors to power other systems. By creating sectors and portals you automatically partition the world for Sectr Audio to utilize and spatialize (I prefer SECTR Audio to any other audio systems I ever tried in Unity, since it offers great flexibility and features but is not difficult to set up well, which is nice when you don't have a dedicated audio guy).

VIS is like a hyper optimized version of your usual occlusion culling that tends to be very, very expensive on the CPU (until we get GPU driven rendering).

We also use SECTR provided data to essentially make our AI smarter, make noise detectors for stealth mechanics etc.

The most important thing though - like everything from PW, it is well documented, has solid examples, high quality KISS code and great support.

NOTICE: I'm in no way connected to PW. This is all coming from my personal experience.

Cheers!

Awesome reply, and many thanks for your personal feedback! I am looking to optimize a mobile Game, a top down survival type, and currently on a Samsung Tablet i was getting around 20-25 FPS 😥. I will try to get to work with SECTR to see what results i can get!💪🏼

Edited by MeHigh
  • Like 1

• Solution
On 1/20/2022 at 3:35 PM, MeHigh said:

Hello,

I was wondering, can sectr be used for optimizing a mobile game, especially SECTR Vis, also i f the others are good too? 😄

Thank you!

Sectr is great for like Goor said interiors and the others bit pointed out. 

What I always recommend even when using something like Gaia Pro or Gaia Pro 2021 is there are really good use cases for Sectr. 

For open worlds or other games that are similar I would use Gaia Pro (2021) for the world streaming, and then use sectr for advanced streaming. Things like buildings, open world dungeons, etc. are perfect for sectr. 

An example would be a game like The Forest: 
While the forest part is open world you have multiple deep cave like structures. 
There are no loading screens in the Forest besides the main menu loading screen. 

Now full credit I dont know exactly how they achieved this but giving an example. 

This is a potential way to cull out the dungeons and stream them. 

Hopefully this helps. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Sectr is great for like Goor said interiors and the others bit pointed out. 

What I always recommend even when using something like Gaia Pro or Gaia Pro 2021 is there are really good use cases for Sectr. 

For open worlds or other games that are similar I would use Gaia Pro (2021) for the world streaming, and then use sectr for advanced streaming. Things like buildings, open world dungeons, etc. are perfect for sectr. 

An example would be a game like The Forest: 
While the forest part is open world you have multiple deep cave like structures. 
There are no loading screens in the Forest besides the main menu loading screen. 

Now full credit I dont know exactly how they achieved this but giving an example. 

This is a potential way to cull out the dungeons and stream them. 

Hopefully this helps. 

Awesome!

Many thanks for your answer/example, I will try to see what i can achieve! 😄

All the best!