Bug report: Gaia trashes custom player and camera

Sorra the Orc
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

I don't use your controller, I use my own. You have the "custom" option but it doesn't work well. You may feel otherwise but I consider this a critical bug as it is deleting my work. I don't see it in the list of known issues on this forum.

After an initial run of the Create Runtime with the Main Player and Main Camera setup it appears to work well. However, if you to the Gaia Player object the references are lost:

image.png.62e7fb97f89422a7acdd8cdaf6bf1153.png

If you then do what it says in the error and click apply setup (despite already having set them up) it DELETES THEM. Including any configuration and setup you previously done.

If you need to update the runtime in any way using the manager it DELETES the customer objects, complete with an y configuration and setup previously done.

• Solution

It looks like you were using an older version of Gaia in that project. The screenshot shows Gaia version number 3.1.2, the newest version is 3.1.4. We addressed multiple issues with the custom player setup deleting things in the past two updates. It is far from perfect, but it should only delete objects we put in the scene ourselves before (e.g. when switching through the available player types).
There is one potential case left where it would remove your custom player / camera, that is when when you set up a Gaia player first, then set up a custom player / camera, then decide you want to go back to a Gaia Player - but it will prompt you in this case first and will inform you that your custom player would be deleted in this case.

Ahhh... OK not sure how I ended up on an old verson, this was a new project. Will test in a new one. If it's not fixed I'll post here but since you say it is... thank you

• Like 1