Problem with scene start

Virtual Magic Games

Hello !

I have a weird problem with GAIA streaming. 
I done a lot of scenes, i have terrain streams and everything works fine in Editor. 
If i will build game with my let's call "root-scene" (with GAIA Runtime, Terrains loader on player and so on) with scene index = 0, everything works fine.

So with this setup of build settings:
0. RootScene (GAIA Runtimes)
1. Terrain-Scene_0001
2. Terrain-Scene_0002
3. Terrain-Scene_0003

everything works fine.

But i added new scene with Main Menu. On Main Menu I have a button "Start Game" with simple method "SceneManager.LoadScene("RootScene");

And here is the problem. The root scene is loaded correctly, player is spawned, everything from Root Scene is working. But Terrain's wont load with this setup. I have no idea why that can happen, i have 0 errors in the console. Have You any idea what can be wrong ?

Best Regards

58 minutes ago, Virtual Magic Games said:

Hello !

I have a weird problem with GAIA streaming. 
I done a lot of scenes, i have terrain streams and everything works fine in Editor. 
If i will build game with my let's call "root-scene" (with GAIA Runtime, Terrains loader on player and so on) with scene index = 0, everything works fine.

So with this setup of build settings:
0. RootScene (GAIA Runtimes)
1. Terrain-Scene_0001
2. Terrain-Scene_0002
3. Terrain-Scene_0003

everything works fine.

But i added new scene with Main Menu. On Main Menu I have a button "Start Game" with simple method "SceneManager.LoadScene("RootScene");

And here is the problem. The root scene is loaded correctly, player is spawned, everything from Root Scene is working. But Terrain's wont load with this setup. I have no idea why that can happen, i have 0 errors in the console. Have You any idea what can be wrong ?

Best Regards

I would say make sure that the scenes are in the build settings and they are unloaded. 
Then check your player and make sure it has the terrain loader component attached to it. 

What player controller are you using? 

I found the issue... I have to wait ~30s for Terrain to be loaded in build mode (only in setup with Main Scene as first scene in build). If the rootscene is first, then i have to wait like 2-3s (same as in Editor). So maybe it's something related to the caching or something. I will try to make script to block player controller (opsive) as long as needed while terrain is loading 🙂