Stable setup recommandation

Disto
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hi everyone,

I've just bought de Gaia pro 2021 update but i'm expériencing some editor crashes with it on Unity 2020.3.26 LTS and HDRP 10.8.1 (the only version available in the package manager list) and i can see in gaiamanager that the verified hdrp version for gaia is 10.3.2 😮 (seems really an old one finally...)
So, what's the best stable setup for starting a new project actually ? (HDRP or not.... just wanna first to have stable editing sessions inside the editor without random crash when used)
What's the best ? BuildIn-RP ? URP ? HDRP?
And if an SRP is choosen, which version of it and on which version of editor ?

Thanks for your help ;)

• Solution

This would really depend on what the random crash is and when it happens - in any case I would recommend to check the editor logfile after the crash, sometimes the last few lines of the log give a hint as to what the cause of the crash might be. 

Usually the LTS version of unity should be most stable, and you should experience the least issues with rendering pipelines when staying in the built-in render pipeline.

On 1/17/2022 at 11:04 PM, Disto said:

i can see in gaiamanager that the verified hdrp version for gaia is 10.3.2 😮 (seems really an old one finally...)

When there is a new major Editor version coming out of beta, we test it against unity's "verified" SRP versions in the first stable release. In the past that "verified" version would not change anymore during that major release, which gave us a common baseline, but unfortunately that is not the case anymore.

The good news is though that the SRPs became more upwards compatible, so the things we set up for 10.3.2 should still work the same in 10.8.1.

• Like 1