No visualiser in 2021.2.f7 URP

BunnyViking
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

As title.

win10

unity 2021.2.7f

URP 12.2.whatever

Gena (whatever the latest build on canopy is, dec 15?)

Yes I hit the update shader button 😄

Stuff spawns fine, the ring is there, but no placement dots.

Terrain shader is microsplat but I dont imagine that's relevant.

visualiser.jpg

Edited by BunnyViking

URP is definitely supported, I assume what is going on is that the spawner has some spawn criteria set that would normally deny the spawn, but has also "force spawn" checked. This is why there are no green spheres visible on the terrain, as there are no valid locations, but the "force spawn" then still produces a result anyway.
Could you please try to switch off all spawn criteria in the spawner settings so that there should be nothing restricting the spawn, like so:
image.png

I would imagine the spheres should show then when you shift + click.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

URP is definitely supported, I assume what is going on is that the spawner has some spawn criteria set that would normally deny the spawn, but has also "force spawn" checked. This is why there are no green spheres visible on the terrain, as there are no valid locations, but the "force spawn" then still produces a result anyway.
Could you please try to switch off all spawn criteria in the spawner settings so that there should be nothing restricting the spawn, like so:
image.png

I would imagine the spheres should show then when you shift + click.

you would be wrong sir ! wrong !!!!!

21 hours ago, BunnyViking said:

you would be wrong sir ! wrong !!!!!

I am shocked, appalled, flabbergasted even! 😉 I tried in 2021.2.7, and was able to reproduce the issue, for some reason the visualization does not show up. I will send the team to investigate, it does work in earlier unity versions so I assume it is an issue with newer versions of URP.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Peter said:

I am shocked, appalled, flabbergasted even! 😉 I tried in 2021.2.7, and was able to reproduce the issue, for some reason the visualization does not show up. I will send the team to investigate, it does work in earlier unity versions so I assume it is an issue with newer versions of URP.

yeah thats what my assumption its just the urp 12.2.whatever.

• Solution

Hey @BunnyViking,

Looks like we have found the root cause of the issue. It appears that Unity has changed how 'SOFTPARTICLES_ON' works in the Shader. I've found a way to update the shader in code to limit this regression from happening again in the future (if Unity decides to change it again).

The fix has been introduced in GeNa Pro - v3.3.15. 

Be sure to download it here:

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Adam said:

2021.2 has been quite a mixed bag.

Apparently 2021.2.9 fixes a bunch of issues.

yup and apparently created more 😄 up to like .4 it was ok... then .7  was ok... bloody unity 😄