Everything is procedural (Video)

Sorra the Orc

Here's a longer version. The goal is 1 hour without anything "odd" happening. I hit my 6 minute target last night, so getting there. This took just a shade over 40 minutes to generate and render in 4k, including the music. I have some work to do on the flight algorithm and the camera clips vegetation sometimes. I think I'll go for an hour this coming weekend.

Edited by Sorra the Orc

Finally, moving up from butterflies to something a little larger (still a WIP on the flight mechanics so can't get interesting video without editing yet... and I'd be breaking my rules if I edited it 😉

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I've added in some procedurally spawned wildlife now, only deer, boars and foxes but it works well. I wonder if the dragons will eat the wildlife?

image.png.096dd4a3293087bee8377361aabcb2d9.png

Following Sorra before he did his dragon I got tired of the butterflies so used a Protofactor dragon to get some procedural love happening. Then of course I spent 3 hours while I should have been sleeping editing together the video. I think we may have a cult developing here. 

• Like 1

I upped Bils dragon with an Unka... added procedurally blended animations. Here's a really short video... note no editing in this video, it is entirely procedural. 

I've done loads of work on it since that. More to come...

Note all this code is open source (Sensor Toolkit and Gaia are needed, but since you are here you have the expensive one of those). If you are interested in playing with it and helping Bil and I join us on my discord https://discord.gg/mm8FNGFsCq

Note it also takes stills throughout the generation process. This forum won't let me upload decent size images and I'm not about to start jumping through hoops to make them small enough to post. There's a bunch on discord if you want to see them.

Edited by Sorra the Orc
  • Like 1