Gaia Pro 2021 - Procedural Sky Clouds Rendering In Front Of Terrain and Vegetation

Kelsey
Go to solution Solved by Josh,

I'm using Gaia Pro 2021, Unity 2020.3.25f1, Standard Rendering Pipeline.  I'm using Gaia Pro 2021 for its Procedural Sky and time of day system but the clouds are rendering in front of trees and other objects in my scene.  I'm not sure how I can fix this, any help would be appreciated.

All layers are rendering to my main camera.  I just tried to create a second camera and just have that render the TransparentFX layer and post processing effects before the main camera but it didn't fix the issue either.

The Gaia Runtime (lighting/weather/all of it) is in my Main Menu scene, and my terrain and trees, etc, are all in my Forest scene that I load additively to the Main Menu scene, I wonder if that is causing the issue?  I can't really reconfigure how that works because there is a ton of stuff dependent on it being done that way.

Which Sky type are you using? Normally with all sky types I would say they should render behind all other objects, the HDRI type of skies are skyboxes which are only rendered in the background by default, and the Procedural worlds sky uses a skydome object for the clouds that should always float high above the player & should be large enough to not get in front of the tree drawing distance.
Could you please post a screenshot if possible?

20 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I'm using the Procedural Worlds - Procedural Sky.  Here's a screenshot of the clouds in front of my trees and terrain.

sky.jpg

More than likely the sky system is not following your player. 
Are you using the custom player or third person controller? 

If you are not using the third person controller you need to be using the Gaia Custom Player- and add the camera and player controller to that. You can leave this blank and it should auto fill if the player and camera doesnt start in the scene. 

• Solution
11 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I'm using Gaia Pro 2021, Unity 2020.3.25f1, Standard Rendering Pipeline.  I'm using Gaia Pro 2021 for its Procedural Sky and time of day system but the clouds are rendering in front of trees and other objects in my scene.  I'm not sure how I can fix this, any help would be appreciated.

All layers are rendering to my main camera.  I just tried to create a second camera and just have that render the TransparentFX layer and post processing effects before the main camera but it didn't fix the issue either.

The Gaia Runtime (lighting/weather/all of it) is in my Main Menu scene, and my terrain and trees, etc, are all in my Forest scene that I load additively to the Main Menu scene, I wonder if that is causing the issue?  I can't really reconfigure how that works because there is a ton of stuff dependent on it being done that way.

@Kelsey The PW sky system has option to change the render queue for the clouds. Transparent should be the default option but feel free to try other options.
292617352_CloudQueue.png.28339a63baf9fd275a12f52ca395140e.png

If not then you can change the cloud render queue manually here:
1625854525_CloudQueue3.png.5e56ee9924d228b5e6600f894c26a50b.png

130189538_CloudQueue2.png.f00bd6ef691b43628233cbd2f7e2162e.png

Hope this helps solve your issue.