How to create fake backgrounds

Bharat Sharma
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Could you please elaborate a bit more what you mean with "fake backgrounds"? Do you want to create a skybox? Do you want to create low detailed terrains that are displayed in the distance ("impostor terrains" or "proxy terrains")? Do you need a background for a 2.5D game?

I a m bit confused. I want some background details that player can see outside the main terrain but unable to reach there. 

I think in this case you can simply generate random terrains (using Gaia Pro), just mix a few stamps and hills (Gaia non Pro) and convert them to meshes or imposters. SECTR is in my opinion not necessary here because the terrains that you have exported should have a significantly lower rendering impact. 

Yeah, I would use Gaia for this. 
Gaia 2021 or Gaia Pro 2021 would work. 

You could use the random terrain generation, and then stamp out some terrains. 
After that is done use the terrain mesh exporter from the Gaia manager. 

Window- Procedural Worlds- Gaia- Show Gaia manager- Advanced- Gaia Tools- Terrain Mesh Exporter. 

Select the terrains and convert them into mesh terrains. 
Then you can put those mesh terrains as background. 

If you wanted to populate the meshes you could use GeNa Pro for spawning on the meshes (at least for the areas that the player could potentially see). 

I dont think you would need imposters as you would be culling the mesh terrains if you needed to for performance. 

18 hours ago, Bharat Sharma said:

Can we build something like this with gaia pro 2021

Yes absolutely, I actually used this pack In Gaia Pro 2021 and built a test zombie game using this pack. 

Can you please show me how you did it? There are some tutorials on YouTube but nothing similar like this one. It really looks awesome. I do have gaia pro for world creation, river auto material for rivers and Octave 3d for spawning objects. Some quick tips would be really helpful.

I would use Gaia Pro 2021 and create mountains stamp terrains. 
Then I would texture it and turn that into a mesh using the terrain mesh exporter. 
This can be found in the Gaia manager - advanced - Gaia tools - Terrain Mesh Exporter. 

Then the things that come in this pack I can create a custom biome and add these elements. 
Separate each biome spawner with the included package. 

Then thats about it.  

Do you own GeNa & use it for the river? If yes, you could spawn rocks along the river spline. Please see here around 18 minutes:

This is something you could do even if you make the river with a different tool as well, you would need to make an "empty" spline with GeNa and then you could add a spawner extension to spawn the rocks along the spline.

• Solution
2 hours ago, Bharat Sharma said:

Hello 

Will there be a spawner pack for nature manufacturer packages? 

Possibly, if this is something that you are wanting I would post this in the xChange. 

Hello 

there are bunch of errors after enabling ray tracing and nothing renders in the editor terrain disappear. 

Untitled.png

Edited by Bharat Sharma