Can I clone and use a chunk of my existing terrain

neodome
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Question - I have a large terrain I am working on, but would like to be able to I guess slice a chunk out of it is that possible?

Resolution Needed - My Terrain is 2048x2048. If your looking at the terrain, I would love to be able to clone the same terrain I use in Gaia, but really focus on say a 100x100 area in the middle of the map and delete the rest. This would be different than a stamp I am guessing, but rather grabbing that 100x100 and dropping it into a new scene.

Hopefully that makes sense! 

• Solution
1 hour ago, neodome said:

Question - I have a large terrain I am working on, but would like to be able to I guess slice a chunk out of it is that possible?

Resolution Needed - My Terrain is 2048x2048. If your looking at the terrain, I would love to be able to clone the same terrain I use in Gaia, but really focus on say a 100x100 area in the middle of the map and delete the rest. This would be different than a stamp I am guessing, but rather grabbing that 100x100 and dropping it into a new scene.

Hopefully that makes sense! 

Sweet thanks. One thing that is really odd my Advanced Tab is greyed out. I did some searching and found another user with a similar issue, but I don't see any resolution really posted from 10/2021.

It seems like when I first setup Gaia to a project it works for a couple weeks, then the advanced tab greys out for months and I can never use it again. Not sure what causes it??

image.thumb.png.f18c22ecceaab6e0f474d667c958cd47.png

9 minutes ago, neodome said:

Sweet thanks. One thing that is really odd my Advanced Tab is greyed out. I did some searching and found another user with a similar issue, but I don't see any resolution really posted from 10/2021.

It seems like when I first setup Gaia to a project it works for a couple weeks, then the advanced tab greys out for months and I can never use it again. Not sure what causes it??

image.thumb.png.f18c22ecceaab6e0f474d667c958cd47.png

Hey Neo, go to "Standard" and if you see a warning message about shaders, make sure to press install. That's what re-enabled the menu for me.