Question in regards to FAQ about outright purchase annual fee

Athary

I read the faq and in regards to this:

Outright purchases are subject to an annual upgrade fee

could you please explain more about this? does this start from the day my profile confirmed? and how much is the fee? will I be able to access forum if I buy an upgraded tool from asset store for instance? is there going to be gaia 2022 and 2023 ?

Thanks

On 1/7/2022 at 2:29 PM, Athary said:

I read the faq and in regards to this:

could you please explain more about this? does this start from the day my profile confirmed? and how much is the fee? will I be able to access forum if I buy an upgraded tool from asset store for instance? is there going to be gaia 2022 and 2023 ?

Thanks

For our asset store tools there is an annual upgrade fee for each major version and these are targeted at specific Unity release cycles. For example Gaia Pro 2022 will targeted at Unity 2022.

These upgrades are optional, in that if you do not plan on using Unity 2022, then there is no need to purchase an upgrade to Gaia 2022.

A Canopy subscriber never pays these annual fees as they are inherently covered by the subscription, and  Pro Subscribers get access to ALL of our asset store assets, PLUS all of the other benefits of Canopy such as the xChange

Overall, Canopy offers far better value than the asset store, and this value will grow from week to week as we launch new content into the xChange. For example, next week we will be launching a rails shooter template. Our Canopy subscribers get to suggest and then decide on what we will make next!

1444605056_FreeUpdates.thumb.png.8d7cbc76cb3fda561c7cccb496bad31a.png

I hope this answers your question, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi @h2hjastermereel, the upgrade price should be $39 (USD) in your local currency. When you are logged in the asset store with an account that already owns Gaia Pro 2021, the price on the store page should adjust automatically.