URP terrain looks different in editor and build

fr4231
Go to solution Solved by fr4231,

Having a pretty weird issue, just for testing made a very tiny, simple scene with Gaia (there is nothing else in the scene), in the editor things look fine, but in the build a strange white, creamy looking thing covers the whole terrain. Makes it pretty ugly, and it only happens in the build. 
Tried several things (lights, post processing, new terrain, different biome., etc.) but no luck so far. 
Any ideas on how to fix it? 

Windows, Unity 2021.1.19, URP, latest Gaia Pro 2021

First picture is the editor(how it should be) and second is the build (how it shouldn't be). 
Thanks!

Screenshot_8.png

Screenshot_7-1.png

• Solution

I guess it's hard to see on the pictures, but if you look closely, on the second one there is a soft white/light green  tint on the terrain close to the camera. Sometimes not so obvious (light scenes), sometimes very, but always disturbing.

It happens only in the build, never in the editor. 

However after trying almost everything, it appears it's a Unity bug and has nothing to with Gaia. 

Will copy from Discord:

"It seems it was a very simple, but quite irritating Unity bug indeed, nothing to do with Gaia still maybe it will be useful for some in the future. Unity has a nice little bug that increases the brightness of certain URP materials (lit, like the terrain) to crazy levels if the scene in question is open in the editor when the scene is being built, causing that ugly white rotten milk like substance on the Gaia terrain as well. 
Kinda ridiculous that I spent two days on this, but that' Unity. 

If you build the scene with another scene opened in the editor it will be fine.

Lately I feel I spend more time trying to fix, find workarounds to Unity bugs than actually making anything. "

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/scene-is-brighter-in-standalone-player-if-it-was-open-in-the-editor-at-build-time?_gl=1*jdlv1v*_gcl_aw*R0NMLjE2MzY1NzAwMTkuQ2owS0NRaUEtSzJNQmhDLUFSSXNBTXRMS1J2R1p2UzN6NjZZeWwtZXN5TTBnai1MWGNDcmQ5b3VFQXpEXzFqbnBZYVdsX1drbXV2XzNfSWFBc1dSRUFMd193Y0I.*_gcl_dc*R0NMLjE2MzU5ODAzNjIuQ2owS0NRanc1b2lNQmhEdEFSSXNBSmkwcWszTUFlMlRkdHBlSHMxbnJFTWxZU3NhNloxMUdCekREM2NZcWlheHBtN05CdzNDZ2NFLUhwWWFBZ0JSRUFMd193Y0I.&_ga=2.5354935.52791580.1641462549-1315699486.1635869900