Gaia Runtime "Starting Underwater" updating to "true" automatically

mroshaw
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hello again!

Strange behaviour with my Gaia Runtime - I uncheck the "Starting Underwater" box under "Gaia Underwater Effects", as my player is indeed not spawned underwater.

However, when I hit play I straight away hear the Gaia "underwater" sound effects, and notice that the "Starting Underwater" check-box has been updated to true.

Any idea why it's doing this? Surely the purpose of the checkbox is as a developer override - what component thinks it knows better than I do, and is being permitted to change that value from what I set?

Many thanks once again, and wishing you all a very Happy New Year for 2022!

Oli

• Unity 2021.2.6f1
  • HDRP 12.1.2
  • Gaia Pro 2021 3.1.4

2 hours ago, mroshaw said:

Hello again!

Strange behaviour with my Gaia Runtime - I uncheck the "Starting Underwater" box under "Gaia Underwater Effects", as my player is indeed not spawned underwater.

However, when I hit play I straight away hear the Gaia "underwater" sound effects, and notice that the "Starting Underwater" check-box has been updated to true.

Any idea why it's doing this? Surely the purpose of the checkbox is as a developer override - what component thinks it knows better than I do, and is being permitted to change that value from what I set?

Many thanks once again, and wishing you all a very Happy New Year for 2022!

Oli

• Unity 2021.2.6f1
  • HDRP 12.1.2
  • Gaia Pro 2021 3.1.4

I will look into this, as it should have been fixed in the newer versions of Gaia. 

I can tell you that this is not a bug.  It's generally related, as I've come across, to your player being positioned somewhere above water level on the terrain but the camera is still position at or under water.  Move the camera to the player and this will go away, I promise you.. lol....

• Solution
6 hours ago, Mike P said:

I can tell you that this is not a bug.  It's generally related, as I've come across, to your player being positioned somewhere above water level on the terrain but the camera is still position at or under water.  Move the camera to the player and this will go away, I promise you.. lol....

Ok good, yes you need to move the camera with the player haha. 

I was going to say I know this was fixed not that long ago. 

Ahhh, okay! My Main Camera is part of the hierarchy, and is moved to the player once the player GO is spawned. It's sitting at 0, 0, 0 when the scene starts, which would explain it!

Moving the Camera above sea level has sorted it.

Thanks so much again!