Gaia Pro 2021 - KWS water system not working with Gaia Pro 2021

Mach4
Go to solution Solved by BunnyViking,

Hi -

Not sure what is happening but I am having some issues getting KWS water to work with Gaia Pro  2021. It worked fine with my previous version of Gaia Pro.  I am using Standard pipeline with 2020.3.25.

Is there something need to know about setting water levels ?

Thanks

Rick 

Hi, there are no known issues or gotchas with that yet. Gaia produces unity standard terrain as output, and if you switch the Gaia water off, you should be able to add any water system like you would if the terrain was not created by Gaia, but e.g. manually in the unity editor instead. If you are getting any specific error messages out of the KWS water scripts, it might be best to contact the support of the KWS water asset.

Hi Peter -

I am not sure what is going on. I produced the terrrain in Gaia Pro 2021 and did not use the Gaia water system. I am wondering if I get the same issue by using the manual stamper instead of the world creator.
No error messages, but the water system is just not working. I did notice one other post tonight on the KWS water system Discord server and the post mentioned that the problem came up when using Gaia Pro 2021. So it could be KWS script issue.

I may go back to Gaia Pro 2.5 to see if that still works in 2020.3. 

Thanks for you quick response;

Rick 

EDIT: Ok, I found out what the issue was. It was not Gaia at all. I did not catch the initial "Y" elevation of KWS water object. it was placed way to high. somehow the Y elevation got changed. Most likely a error on my part. So all is good.

Edited by Mach4

• Solution

I haven't used KWS in a while but iirc it likes its origin to be at the world center (or the centre of the terrain ?) so maybe check that relative to where gaia 2021 is dropping the final terrain.

• Like 1