I need help - CTS -> GTS

eblumrich
Go to solution Solved by eblumrich,

Here's my problem:

For the past four years, we have been using CTS.  After using that system to lay down the base maps, I spent weeks painting the terrain by hand.

As a result, I have detailed texture & normal maps for all my terrains, all created via CTS.

Now, I am trying to migrate the project to this new GTS system.

I REALLY don't want to lose literally hundreds of hours of work that was done in concert with CTS.  It would mean having to re-paint 60% of the map by hand again.

So, is there ANY WAY that maps created in concert with CTS can be migrated to the new GTS system?

GTS does seem to understand color maps made by CTS, but it cannot place textures, so the terrain is simply colored - not textured.

• Solution
Bryan
This post was recognized by Bryan!

eblumrich was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 10 points.

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Hello, 

Sadly no, GTS is a completly new system, so the information wouldn't cross over. 

Actually, this is incorrect.

I know you have to say such because of legal reasons, but I'll post the process here:

Firstly:  In your project that is currently using CTS, grab your terrains, and add the GTS component, beneath the existing CTS component:

spacer.png

Then, re-select your terrain, (or, if you are using several terrains, select one of the terrains) and make sure (via the inspector) that the GTS component is pointing towards a proper GTS profile.

Then, select your GTS profile, and choose "Apply profile."

spacer.png

This will take a few minutes, but when done, you can see that  GTS has used your previous CTS color maps, to place ground textures.

spacer.png

There are a few mis-placed textures - but those can be adjusted after the fact.  The black spaces are areas that will need to be re-painted (due to GTS's inability to handle more than eight terrain textures - something that CTS had no problem with.) 

True, re-painting those areas might be a pain, but it's better than having to re-paint the entire game world.

Hope this helps, before ProcWorlds has to delete this (for legal reasons.)