Gaia Water showing pink when loading addressable scene

stevenngu
Go to solution Solved by Jason Tompkins,

Hi,
I'm facing an issue where the water isn't rendering when loading the scene as an addressable but everything else loads okay. This happens on both Windows standalone and Android platforms. I think it's losing material reference maybe because the Gaia Scene Water script assigns a material instance to the Water surface mesh renderer, so when building addressables there might be no dependencies for it. Underwater shader works though.

I made sure to download every addressables before loading the next scene, following the addressable world selection scene as a guide.

Unity and Gaia info:

• Unity 2021.3.19f1
  • Addressable 1.19.19
  • URP 
  • Gaia Pro 3.3.9-c5

How it's supposed to look:

spacer.png

Versus how it looks on Windows platform and scene loaded as addressables.

spacer.png

How it looks on Android, everything is there except the water.spacer.png

Here are my Gaia water settings:
spacer.pngspacer.png

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • Solution

Got the answer from Discord. The shaders must be added to "Always Included Shaders" section of Graphics from Project Settings. At least it worked for me.  Thanks for posting so I didn't think I was crazy!!

image.png.b970e24d357dc2dc91ad439b808c2166.png