Gaia Pro 2021 v 3.4.0 Errors from update

Carp
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Gaia Pro 2021 v 3.4.0 Errors from update

I updated v 3.4.0 in the Unity 2021.3.15f1 HDRP project and i get those errors...

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Flora\Scripts\Runtime\FloraUtils.cs(50,27): error CS0117: 'Object' does not contain a definition for 'FindFirstObjectByType'

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Flora\Scripts\Runtime\FloraUtils.cs(64,27): error CS0117: 'Object' does not contain a definition for 'FindObjectsByType'

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Flora\Scripts\Runtime\FloraUtils.cs(64,48): error CS0103: The name 'FindObjectsSortMode' does not exist in the current context

errors.JPG

• Solution

Hi @Carp and @Myke Price, thanks for reporting this issue. I checked and installed Gaia in multiple Unity versions and I found the problem: In the 3.4.0 update we added fixes for compatibility with Unity 2023.1. In that version the Unity API functions

Object.FindObjectOfType

Object.FindObjectsOfType

are marked as obsolete, now one should use the functions 

Object.FindFirstObjectOfType
Object.FindObjectsByType

instead.

In the unity manual it looks like the newer functions are supported from 2021.3 onwards, so we coded them in like that accordingly. However it looks like those newer functions are NOT available from 2021.3 but rather seem to become  active somewhere in 2022.2 (I was able to install in 2022.2.14f without getting those errors).

Please find attached a hotfix for Gaia Pro 2021 that fixes this issue, we only reference this newer functions in Unity 2022.3 and above now. An update on the asset store & canopy is underway to officially fix it there as well.

GaiaPro20213.4.0Hotfix.zip

You can install the patch by installing the included .unitypackage file via Assets > Import Package > Custom Package... in the Unity Editor.