Exporting Terrain only

Mach4
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi -

When I have my stamped terrain all ready to go, I want to export the terrain to bring it into another project to save overall file size. I strip out everything except the terrain, main camera and directional lighting in the Hierarchy. I am using the Unity "Asset/Export Package" method. I

In the older Gaia Pro, there were not as many items in the export list. What are the minimum items the export list o check for terrain only as I don't need the textures or Biomes.

As a note I tried the raw data export but I was receiving console errors.

Thanks

Rick 

Edited by Mach4

• Solution
On 1/4/2022 at 10:20 AM, Mach4 said:

Hi -

When I have my stamped terrain all ready to go, I want to export the terrain to bring it into another project to save overall file size. I strip out everything except the terrain, main camera and directional lighting in the Hierarchy. I am using the Unity "Asset/Export Package" method. I

In the older Gaia Pro, there were not as many items in the export list. What are the minimum items the export list o check for terrain only as I don't need the textures or Biomes.

Thanks

Rick 

Hey there, all you need to do is export the terrain data, terrain layers (if you have done any texturing), textures (if you are using any), and vegetation. 
You dont need to export anything else unless you are still planning on using anything from Gaia (ie Systems). 

If you wanted a simplified version of Gaia all you need to do is go to Window - Procedural Worlds - Gaia - Create a Gaia Scripts Only Package. 
Then you could export that out as well if you wanted to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2022 at 11:20 AM, Mach4 said:

Hi -

Thanks

Rick 

You can also export, from Unity, if need be.  click the terrain, and export, raw.  ( You can go into the advance tab in GAIA, and export terrains there too. So, a few ways to do this.  ( your choice which one you use. Since you don't need textures.  Fast way, click height map. export RAW.  

• Like 2