Gaia Pro 2021 - Scripting errors on install

Timps
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Heya team, 

I've just installed Gaia Pro 2021, latest version via the asset store.
And I have 6 errors shown here.
image.thumb.png.f45f2db61c86076f4ebd3c67bbab2fc5.png

Project is on 2020.3.25, so a supported version.

Is there a package dependency Unity was supposed to bring in to solve these?

• Solution

Hey @Timps,

I looked at this error and I think either another asset or one of your own scripts overwrites the definition of "Action" in the main namespace, which then leads to those errors. 
Could you please double click on the last (!) error message in your console, it should open the file

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Unity\Terrain Tools\Erosion\TerrainToolGUIHelper.cs

In there, can you please check on line 538 what is being displayed when you hover over the term "Action"? It should display "delegate void System.Action" like so:

image.png

If it does not, you would need to find out where that alternative definition of "Action" is coming from, right clicking on "Action" and selecting "Go to Definition" should open the code file where it is defined. If it is coming from a 3rd party tool, you should contact the developer about this. 
If it is your own script, you could consider putting your own definition of "Action" into a namespace so it cannot disturb other scripts.
Another Workaround could be to change the Gaia code so it uses the full name of "Action" like so:

image.png

This should also fix the error, but would need to be repeated after each Gaia update.

• Like 1