Terrain breaks when applying profile

elanguido

Hello,

I'm using Unity 2021.3.26 and Built-in render pipeline.
I try to do a basic test, I create a terrain, a couple of stamps and two paint layers.

Then I create a new profile, apply it and everything breaks.

Attached screenshots.

Before applying the profile:

spacer.png

After applying the profile:

spacer.png

This is using a basic terrain, if the terrain is more worked, with a lot of relief, 16 tiles, 7 layers of paint, etc. The entire terrain directly disappears and thousands of warnings begin to appear on the console.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Is the terrain after the profile added going to flat almost like the terrain data is gone? 
Can you please check to see if the terrain data is still assigned to the terrain through the terrain inspector? 

Hello, thanks for the answer.

Yes, the data is still assigned to the terrain. The relief is still there, it has not been lost, but the textures have disappeared.

If I reassign the standard material, the terrain returns to the previous state and looks correct again.

Hi @elanguido,

Could you check if there are any errors on the terrain shader that is being used? You can do this by selecting the terrain, and finding the material assigned (make sure the GTS profile is applied):

image.thumb.png.278fa54ce1ef31b6f5b2a5744469b03b.png

Then, selecting the material, you can navigate to the shader by pressing 'Select Shader' in the top right corner:

image.png.c2d3bcdc85181feb816b5bdaf4807174.png

And see if there are any errors on the shader. I would expect these yellow warning messages, but these do not cause the terrain to appear completely white. 

image.thumb.png.6f6359550f872464ee8af7b312789ab2.png

Could you also check if the Texture Arrays have generated properly, you can find a reference to them at the bottom of the profile here:

image.png.f91e591c75da13fc0453d4070551a9de.png

I would expect to some data populated in them:

image.png.642b351c27f193f712df39ce046aaff3.png

Id they are not, you can regenerate them by clicking on the 'Create Texture Arrays' button. 

You could also try pressing the Profile's 'Regenerate Data' button to see if that makes any difference. 

image.png

Ok, here's the problem, there are errors in the shader:

spacer.png

I have tried to completely remove the package and re-import it (with package manager), but the same thing happens again:

spacer.png

spacer.png

For what reason can this happen?

Hi,

Can you double check to make sure that you are definately in the BuiltIn pipeline with no pipeline assets assigned in the Project Settings?

image.thumb.png.6843dcfdf6c5c16de6a0a12fffed4ee2.png

image.png.e9fad1d2b71b97a6b60d4ec2dca80511.png

I would recommend manually reimporting the BuiltIn GTS Shader:

image.png.079ba76b1db4fbf0d2728e35831c102c.png

And checking to see that there are no URP or HDRP folders present in this GTS directory.