Gaia Tree spawner issue on a rectangular terrain

tcipcic77
Go to solution Solved by tcipcic77,

Cheers! I have a following issue with Gaia:

I am using a Gaia Pro Biome Spawner to spawn trees. I use a Terrain Texture mask and I want to spawn trees over a Swamp_01 terrain. It is a basic setting, just to learn how this spawning tool works. But I have an issue — my spawn is stretched vertically.

Look at images 1 and 2 -> This is a screenshot of a top-down view where you can see the spawned tiny trees (with and without the green spawn mask). The trees are not spawned over the mask but are stretched above it.

Look at image 3 -> My terrain is rectangular and I think this is the cause for this issue (the size is 2048 x 1024).

I now tried to see what will happen if my terrain was square, and I realized that square terrain will fix the issue. Here's what I did to test this. Look at image 4 -> Here I am resizing my terrain to be square 2048 x 2048.

Then I do the respawning on images 5 and 6 -> There is no more issue and the trees have spawned exactly where the green layer says they would.

To conclude, I think that my terrain's rectangular shape causes the spawn Terrain Texture mask to work incorrectly (stretching the spawn area vertically). Can you please check if that is so, and advise me on what can I do to correct this?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

P.S. By the way, your asset is magnificent! I installed it a couple of weeks ago and I am sculpting the terrain as a pro (almost). Fantastic job!

Spawn Issue 1 - problem.jpg

Spawn Issue 2 - with mask.jpg

Spawn Issue 3 - rectangular terrain.jpg

Spawn Issue 4 - square terrain.jpg

Spawn Issue 5 - no more issue.jpg

Spawn Issue 6 - no more issue with mask.jpg

I am looking into this issue. 
So typically we work with the Unity terrain system, so we use the square meshes. 
I will have to play around with rectangles and try and see. 

However, one suggestion I have is to create your current terrain into a stamp. 
To do this, go to the Gaia manager - advanced - tools - scanner. 
Scan the terrain into the stamp. 

Then use a multi-terrain setup and then use the stamp that you created. 
You could use the world designer for this and then change the type to image. 
Then stamp the terrain. 

• Solution

Just wanted to tell you that I found the solution by setting Image Mask Scale Z to 0.5. Here - look at the screenshot below.

Size05.thumb.jpg.fc2a1dc19f25d33a45af0a012542e91c.jpg

Although this doesn't solve the mask visualization problem, as the mask now looks different from the actual spawning area (it is now vertically squeezed). But the spawn area is correct.

Moving on, thanks for helping out! (Once more, this is a superb asset.)

Glad the issue is resolved! 
Thank you for the kind words. 
Be sure to review the asset on the Unity asset store!