Open world RPG

chriskira94

Hallo it's nice to meet you all. My ultimate goal is to make an open world fantasy RPG ( indie) that i would try to self publish , I am happy about my programming skills and how much i improved over the last year still I ve more things i ve to do. As long i am going solo, i intend to use multiple asset's, first things first i have nature manufactures ( one of your partners ) environment bundle, that's come with world streamer as well. I would like to know which tools other than Gaia Pro And gena would be the most useful toward my goal. As well if world streamer 2 could  be combined with secrtr and if that is even recommended. 

• 4 weeks later...

If you're doing open world, you're best off with the GaiaPro/Sectr combination.  Just remember it's not true open world - the terrain and planting has to be done in the editor.   The other most important thing is a top end character controller.  There's a bunch out there.  Save some money by making up your mind *real early* about what style of art you want.  I'd advise against a hyper-realistic look and HDRP, but ymmv.  For RPG I'd also look closely at Inventory and SaveGame packages, and a quest system possibly with dialogue.  If you *have* to have multiplayer, build it from the beginning.  Best of luck and let us see what you come up with.