Ambient sounds mobile friendly?

Corey Dolbey

Hi all I’m having an issue with ambient sounds with a mobile game. I’m using unity 2021.3.7 standard pipeline,  I have set multiple audio areas that generally play only one audio track in different areas of my scene. These areas are not overlapped and have a fade area set on them. Ambient sounds works really well on pc and creates great ambience I really love it, but when I test on mobile it’s extremely resource hungry when looking at profiler it’s taking 7.0ms to process and when I leave one audio area to another it crashes the game on mobile during testing.  Is this asset ambient sounds suppose to be mobile friendly? Any help would be much appreciated 

Hi there i have finally done some more testing and everytime i enable Ambient Sounds in my build it drops by 30fps and lots of static crackling sounds and it eventually crashes the game - my version of unity is 2021.3.7 and 1.2.5-c2 is the version of ambient sounds.  i only have 1 audion area setup in this example and ive taken screenshots to should you the usage and issue.

On 6/13/2023 at 4:04 PM, Bryan said:

Can you please send me some screen shots of the profiler? 

I sent you screen shots 8 days ago and i still havent been given a response

I am sorry, I was looking in here, Canopy didnt notify me that they were in Canopy private messages. 
I will look into these and get back with you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guidos said:

Listening in as Im due to use AS in mobile by end of year too. 

Well i extremely happy with the asset, it has huge potential - im just hoping there's a fix to my issue.  Currently as it is for me "Ambient Sounds" its unusable in my android build, its using extreme amounts of CPU processing and crashes all the time.  I hope for everyone wanting to use it for mobile that its something i have setup wrong 😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bryan said:

We were able to reproduce this and we are looking into the issue 

oh excellent - wow if theres a fix it would mean sooooo much for me and my game.  It adds so damn much atmosphere and mood to a game  - doing what it does i reckon it shouldn't be using anymore that 2ms of cup processing (that's just my two cents worths anyhow)

• Like 1

Hey there. 
We just released an update that should help improve the performance. 
Can you please update it and let me know how it goes? 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I'd be really interested to hear any comparisons or even just gut feelings you might have of performance with this update if you are willing to share!