How to change the size of chunks?

Thomas123
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

I started with a terrain of 8x8 quadratic kilometers with a size of 1024 for each chunk/sector. Now in towns I have more details and scripts running. Because of this I would like to resize the containing chunks (lets say 4 of them) into smaller chunks of 512. I generated the scene with Gaia, but Sectorized the terrain with SECTR later.

Is this possible? If so, how? Would it better to sectorize the terrain with Gaia? Or can it be done with SECTR as well? Will it keep my edits on the 4x4 area?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

I will need to take a deep look into this, with this many terrains it could be quite a bit with a route that I know would work, which would be to use the scanner and turn those terrains into stamps and then recreate them with Gaia then use sectr and re sectorize them. 

I will see if I can come up with a better solution. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you. Just to let you know. For now this has a low priority on my side as I am still populating the world. 

Just an idea. Would it work to have different layers of additive scenes? So one layer would be the city and on the same coordinate (different y level) to have a dungeon underneath the city?

Disabling the terrain loader script would then unload the terrain (with the city) and I could additively add another scene for the dungeon? So "replacing" terrain with dungeon. Same for larger buildings?

Maybe this would be another solution, but won't have an effect on load time I guess: Scene Optimizer with culling zones.

"The best practice would be to create zones for culling purposes. Then in those zones make sure the object that you are combining are realitivly the same." - Bryan

https://discord.com/channels/423247963457060866/935350210291433572/1121182028474355743