Trees Above Ground

DanMiller

I'm noticing that some of the trees sit above ground. Is there a way to correct this? I could probably grab each one individually and move it but there is probably a better way. Thanks.

tree 3 sm.jpg

I haven't made any modification to the terrain yet. So far just followed the tutorial video to create a world and then added the Giant Forest Biome. That's as far as I've gone so far but when I explore the world I'm noticing trees not set low enough into the ground.

So typically this is going to happen due to the slope. 
If you want trees to spawn on the slope then here is what I recommend. 

Open the spawner for the trees affected. 
An easy way to tell is to click on the spawner and open the resource settings under one of the trees in the spawn rules. 
Then click Switch to stand in (this way you can determine the trees that are the issue). 
Then uncheck the Snap To Terrain. 
Then manually adjust the Min Max Y Offset Based on Terrain Height: 
image.png

From here you can lower this and find the sweet spot of the trees. 

Also, you will want to click Refresh Terrain Prototype. 
Make sure that the spawner is set to replace, and then spawn.