Gaia Pro 2021 namespace but is used like a type

TheSheepdog

Hello all! I usually don't have any issues installing Gaia Pro on my projects but on my last 2 projects I have been getting these errors. 

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Unity\Terrain Tools\Noise\NoiseComponentEditor.cs(8,41): error CS0118: 'Editor' is a namespace but is used like a type

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Unity\Terrain Tools\Noise\NoiseSettingsAssetEditor.cs(9,40): error CS0118: 'Editor' is a namespace but is used like a type

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Unity\Terrain Tools\Noise\NoiseSettingsAssetEditor.cs(18,30): error CS0115: 'NoiseSettingsEditor.OnInspectorGUI()': no suitable method found to override

Gaia Pro 2021 3.3.6

Unity 2020.3.29f1 (3D URP)

Also, Under Window> Procedural Worlds, Gaia isn't showing. Only Flora is showing. I restarted Unity (sometimes that works) but I had the same results. Any ideas?

This sounds like a bad installation. 

Did you have Gaia 2 or Gaia Pro in the project before importing Gaia Pro 2021? 

Are you certain that it's Gaia Pro 2021 that's importing? 

21 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I thought the same thing. That's why I done it twice before coming here. I started a new project using FPS Builder and installing Gaia Pro 2021. No other versions of Gaia were previously installed.

15 hours ago, Bryan said:

If I delete the FPS Builder folder the PW errors go away. When I import FPSB it doesn't overwrite any PW files so I don't understand why this keeps happening.

Hi @TheSheepdog, my sense is that there might be code files in the FPS builder asset that override the meaning of the term "Editor".

Can you please double click on one of the errors, it should open the offending line in the code editor, when you hover over the term "Editor" there, you can see where that definition points to:
image.png

Correct would be "class UnityEditor.Editor". I assume for you it is "namespace Editor". If that is the case you might be able to work around this by replacing "Editor" with "UnityEditor.Editor" in the code, like so:

image.png

You could alternatively check if you can find the term "namespace Editor" somewhere in the FPS builder asset. If it is the case, you might contact the devs and make them aware that their own definition of "namespace Editor" has the potential to cause all kinds of conflicts with other assets & user created scripts.

• Thanks 1