Terrain Loader Causes Game to Lose Focus

Diggidy

I have noticed when the terrain loader is loading terrains it causes the game to lose focus (mouse becomes visible) in editor and build.

Also, the terrain loading is significantly slower from Gaia Pro: 3.3.0 to 3.3.6. Not sure if I missed a step when upgrading or something of that nature.

Unity: 2021.3.25f1
Gaia Pro 3.3.0-c5
               3.3.6 -c5

Correction, the game doesn't lose focus but the mouse becomes visible. This appears to be associated with AsyncOperation which I am assuming the terrain loader uses.

Turns out there was a conflict with AsyncOperation and another script that was trying to gain access to the mouse.

On 5/17/2023 at 3:15 AM, Diggidy said:

Also, the terrain loading is significantly slower from Gaia Pro: 3.3.0 to 3.3.6. Not sure if I missed a step when upgrading or something of that nature.

@Diggidy What changed in that regard between those versions is that there is a new option in the Terrain Loader Manager to call Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets automatically when terrain tiles unload.
This has the advantage of immediately freeing up memory on tile unload, but the disadvantage that this is a costly operation that also triggers garbage collection, which might be the cause for the performance issue you are seeing. You can try to deactivate this option here:

image.png