Fatal errors whenever I try to do more than the simplest terrain generation

muppster

I'm getting 70 or so of this error when I hit play:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.Contains (UnityEngine.Object obj) (at <6a4b923691b54d0eb965a9ed2a807ce9>:0)
GeNa.Core.GeNaSpawnerExtensionEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/Editor/Extensions/GeNaSpawnerExtensionEditor.cs:33)

This causes the editor to pause. If I clear the error and unpause, I get a new error:

Invalid editor window UnityEditor.CurveEditorWindow
UnityEditor.EditorApplicationLayout:SetPlaymodeLayout ()

How I get to this unhappy place: I generate a terrain from a stamper and it's all kind of going ok. Then I start trying to dress it with roads/stuff/things and somewhere I mess up with a spline or spawner, and the scene is bricked and that's three hours wasted. Nothing I do recovers the situation, just have to start from a fresh scene. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it sure is frustrating trying to learn how to make the terrain look the way I want and it be so unforgiving of mistakes that the situation is unrecoverable. 😢 Any idea where I'm going wrong ?

Unity 2020.3 LTS, Gaia Pro, URP