Best way to generate GameObject when using spawner

dodger8000

Hi, I have a script that will generate a building for me with random things.  How can I link a spawner so when I add things it runs the script to get an object to place and then places?   Can I do this?

Hi @dodger8000, it is possible to spawn "Spawn Extensions" with a spawner. A Spawn Extension allows you to spawn a prefab with a script on it that runs your own code at the moment of the spawn. The script needs to implement the "ISpawnExtension" interface so Gaia can call it correctly. Please see here for an example where we set up Gaia to call GeNa to spawn things:

https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/library/tools/gaia-pro-2021/written-articles/advanced/spawn-extensions-calling-gena-from-gaia-r136/

But instead of GeNa you could also call your own code to do things at each spawn.