Strange purple mesh appears??

pauliom
Go to solution Solved by pauliom,

I've create a scene using GAIA Pro (HDRP Unity 2021) but at runtime, at certain views, I see a strange purple artifact in the sky. It sort of looks like a sun-ray or something? Any ideas?

Hi @pauliom, difficult to say what it could be. Could you please post a screenshot? Purple usually means the object cannot be rendered due to errors in the shader or the shader not being compatible with the render pipeline used.
If the object can be seen in scene view as well, you could try to click on it repeatedly in the hope that you can select it this way (when clicking in scene view unity usually cycles through the selectable objects it can find at that point, although this might not work with every kind of object).

On 3/28/2023 at 5:02 AM, pauliom said:

It doesn't appear to represent an object, it only appears as the user looks towards the sun. 

Turn off the Sky box and see if that disappears.   if it does, I would try to reapply the Sky Box.  it looks like you have a driver issue possible.  Or a bug that is not rendering part of your Sky box/Clouds. 

It could be a Sky Box tear, make sure its not that. 

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

Turns out the problem was with Vegetation Studio Pro and its billboarding