"Gaia Manager -> Advanced" all grayed out, inaccessible.

Liam Visionary

This should happen when Gaia "thinks" that code is still compiling, or something larger like e.g. switching the pipeline is still happening. We then lock the UI so you can't perform any actions while it is still processing things. The check for it should reset when you close and open the Gaia Manager again, if that is a persistent issue then please reply again, then we need to investigate more what might trigger that repeatedly.

Hi Peter, yes it is a persistent issue. Whether I close and reopen the Gaia Manager, or restart my Unity Editor, the Advanced section is still grayed out. 

I double checked, and I found one constellation where the advanced tab should be locked permanently - when there are still shaders left for Gaia to update for the respective pipeline. Could you please check when you open the Gaia Manager setup tab, if it offers you a button there for the shader installation?

image.png

Please also check the console output, if it finds a shader on a material that it thinks that needs to be changed for the rendering pipeline in use, it should print some info about it into the console window.

Seems so. I chose to intentionally avoid Gaia's shaders when asked during installation, since I'm using MicroSplat. Can I really not access the Advanced tab unless I use Gaia's shaders?

1374302944_2022-01-04(7).png.210d1c3623d9207f664694bba4536ef0.png

1 hour ago, Liam Visionary said:

Seems so. I chose to intentionally avoid Gaia's shaders when asked during installation, since I'm using MicroSplat. Can I really not access the Advanced tab unless I use Gaia's shaders?

1374302944_2022-01-04(7).png.210d1c3623d9207f664694bba4536ef0.png

Yes you will need to install shaders. 

Note that the Gaia shaders are for things like the trees on the terrain and the water, but not for the terrain itself - Gaia uses the default unity terrain shaders of the respective pipelines. Clicking the install button should not keep you from using Microsplat.

• Like 1

• Ben Black locked this topic