Existing lights will not show

CitrioN

Hello,
I'm having trouble having existing lights show up when I have HDRP Time of day active. Existing lights will simply vanish when I enable the asset. Below you can see the differences. In the first image the asset is enabled and no light sources are visible. In the second image they are visible with the asset disabled. Any idea why that is the case and how to address this?
image.png.5268d192971d07451586219c13b2d8bb.png

image.png.be31806ff8f5043ab716e92512b06703.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 10:12 PM, Bryan said:

This could be due to your exposure either on the profile or the lights itself. 

I'm quite sure it's not the exposure. After additional testing I am confident that the intensity of the lights is the problem. It looks like HDRP Time of day does not handle normal intensity ranges as expected. The maximum spotlight intensity is 40000 that can be set with the slider. Fortunately you can set it higher by entering a different number. Doing that I noticed that with HDRP time of day enabled the intensity in some cases needs to be multiplied up to x10 000 in order to get the same result as you'd get without it. In any case the intensity would need to exceed the regular ranges. I would consider this a bug because you can't get proper indoor lighting when using normal light intensity ranges when HDRP time of day is active. I also tested this in your demo scene without modifications and noticed that the light intensity there is also set way above the usual ranges. Reducing the light intensity in the demo scene to about 75% of it's maximum slider range essentially shows no visual light at all. I don't think that should be the case cause it requires every user to change those intensities to incredibly high numbers in order for the lights to show up properly. 

• 7 months later...

We have a new update coming for this asset but currently, it's on hold due to new assets on the way. 
We will be finishing this update soon as possible shouldn't be to long.