Texture rotation?

MetalDevil25

Kinda like how we are able to rotate objects on an axis. Would there ever be a feature to do this? Or is there one I'm not aware of? I'd be extremely useful to be able to rotate textures on the terrain to fit them where I need them. And be able to rotate them separately, so not all textures of the same are affected. We are able to affect texture size, offset, and normals, but we can't rotate for reason?

I ask this because I just care about quality. Doing it this way just allows better texture blending, and makes it look a little more natural. Rather than making a flat object and using that same stone texture, and then it looks blocky af on the floor/ground. 

• 2 weeks later...

I mean to rotate textures from gaias texture painter. I enjoy gaias texture paint because it allows me to blend textures while im painting an make it look more natural. GeNa on the other hand, it looks like after using the road spawner, it uses meshes. This doesn't make things look blended, instead it makes it look like theres a giant seem, and just looks ugly, and obvious.

Here is an image of GeNa road spawner
spacer.png

Here is an image of gaia painter doing its fine work
spacer.png

Now for texture rotation, we don't seem to have the ability to rotate textures? For example I'd like to take this stone road texture and make it vertical instead of how it looks now, horizontal.  It would also be useful to rotate a texture each time we paint individually. Like if I wanted to paint a stone road and make the stone look vertical or horizontal down a path the entire way, i could do that.

here is an example of a nice looking road that a modder made for Skyrim Whiterun stone roads... everything looks nice and uniform, right? makes a great road if you ask me. Can't do it in gaia, its just it is what it is, and ill have to deal with a diagonal weird road, unless I mode objects in accordance to the texture paint.

spacer.png

On 3/5/2023 at 2:18 AM, MetalDevil25 said:

Now for texture rotation, we don't seem to have the ability to rotate textures? For example I'd like to take this stone road texture and make it vertical instead of how it looks now, horizontal.  It would also be useful to rotate a texture each time we paint individually. Like if I wanted to paint a stone road and make the stone look vertical or horizontal down a path the entire way, i could do that.

Sadly no we do not have this ability as it is a limitation of the Unity Terrain Shader. 
You would need to find a terrain shader that would support rotation for textures.