Referencing TIme of Day in code

NoobsGaming

Hi there, 

I am working on a game that incorporates calorie usage and other survival mechanics into the game play. I would like to be able to reference the Time of Day with the scripts in my game to do two things: 

• I want to be able to reference Time Scale to allow it to be changed in a settings screen. 
  • I want to be able to read the Hours and Minutes to use as a counter for how fast calories and hydration are depleted, along with some other like survival mechanics. 

I am using the Time of Day that is native to Gaia Pro 2021. Because my project is currently in Universal Render Pipeline.  

I would very much appreciate the appropriate coding references. I tried to self-serve, but I couldn't find anything in the documentation that is currently available. 

I would imagine that you are going to need to tie into the HDRPTimeOfDay.CS
Then I would take a look around the Variables Region - line 570. 

Or better yet, take a look at HDRPTimeOfDayAPI.CS 
Line 58 Public static float GetCurrentTime(). 

Either one of these I think is what you are after. 

On 2/23/2023 at 4:12 PM, Bryan said:

I would imagine that you are going to need to tie into the HDRPTimeOfDay.CS
Then I would take a look around the Variables Region - line 570. 

Or better yet, take a look at HDRPTimeOfDayAPI.CS 
Line 58 Public static float GetCurrentTime(). 

Either one of these I think is what you are after. 

that sounds right, thanks! I'll respond later if i'm having any trouble with it. 

~Keith